“Very Cute”

Ranked #26 of 259 Restaurants in Evora
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Alentejo,an old tavern whose architecture dates back to the fifteenth century was once a Royal inn. Is situated in the center of Evora,5 m from the Giraldo square.Serves a fine traditional cuisine and proposes a very diverse collection of wines.In a warm and very welcoming atmosphere it attracts a local and international clientele.
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Very cute spot for lunch. We decided to have lunch here as part of recommendation by our guide. The place is unpretentious and offers a verity of traditional dishes. The soup with egg and a hint of olives was delicious. I also had pork sausage, with strong smoky flavor and rich color. I would strongly recommend this place. They accept credit cards.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very good value, food good large portions, was going to order 2 dishes the waiter told us only order one as the portions were large he was right. Service a bit slow, but the food makes up for it. We'll worth trying. Also open Sunday night!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the desk clerk at our hotel. It was excellent; our waiter made several worthwhile suggestions which we appreciated. The food (duck rice) was delicous and filling. We enjoyed sharing a dessert. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Located just off the main square, Cafe Alentejo is a small, intimate family run restaurant that serves excellent local food.
Our waiter was super friendly and efficient, and talked us through the menu. He was more than happy to recommend dishes and even suggested one of us take the tourist set menu and the other order a seperate main as this would ensure excellent value for money, but also mean that we got to try some appetizers and share a dessert without going overboard with too much food.
My husband I tried two different pork specialities - the pork cheeks and the pork with bread (which is more like a suet pudding style thing than actual bread) and both were delicious. My husband says it was the best pork he has ever had!
Definitely recommend, we only wish we had gone back for more!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Food is excellent. Excellent. The best of Evora.Migas is incredible. I love the fish soup with hortela' da ribeira (like mint)...they actually say the soup is for one but I eat like an animal and trust me, you can share it. Especially if you eat empadas before. Prices are ok: not cheap but for the quality of the food is fine. Is not expensive either, I guess for a tourist is on the cheap side.