This was the best of the five pousadas we enjoyed. Impressive interior furnishings, soaring ceilings, art, and more to make you feel like you are in a palace, which you are. Nice room. But beds in all the Pousadas seemed hard to us.
Dining room is gigantic but nearly empty. I told my lady of 50 years that I rented the entire room for her! It was our anniversary. Good food, expertly served. Not cheap, but considering that the substantial taxes are already included in the menu price and that service tips are generally 5 to 10%, I think the bottom line total is about equal to what we would pay in USA for fine dining, maybe less.
Parking was right at the door. Village right there, inside the ancient walls.
Don't hesitate to drive a rental car in Portugal. GPS is essential in Lisbon, but signage is quite good in the country. Also, pay for the automated toll payment system for your rental car. Country roads are very good and scenery is beautiful. Traffic is sane and very light outside of the greater Lisbon area. We stayed off the Autostrada (toll roads) as much as we could. We drove about 500 miles in five days, staying at a different Pousada each night. I recommend that if you like to travel on your own pace and don't mind the adventure of finding your way. A capable map reader/navigator in the right seat is very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pousada of Estremoz is situated in a privileged place, as is the Castle Estremoz. It is an authentic museum which has a range of antic furniture, wall tapestries, iron decorative pieces and porcelain from other times. D. Dinis ordered the construction of this building for his wife the queen Santa Isabel, which has given its name to the Pousada. Placed in the old city, this was the stage of battles, love and treason. This luxury hotel in Estremoz offers from its gardens and pool, a magnificent panoramic view of Estremoz and the Alentejo plain. Guests can enjoy a glass of regional wine in the castle's spacious dining room or enjoy a game of pool in the Pousada de Estremoz' games room. Nearby activities include fishing, guided countryside treks and bicycle rides. The Pousada de Estremoz has free local parking, at 1.2 Km from the Estremoz railway station and 17.3 Km from the Evora Monte Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Pousada de Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Estremoz - Rainha Santa Isabel Hotel Estremoz
- Pousada De Hotel Estremoz