“Championship rather than Premiership!”
Review of La Table d'Yves - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have read a lot of good stuff about this place including their recent awards. Our first visit was thus full of anticipation. There is no doubt the Fox is unique and quintessentially French. The front of house team were warm, friendly and charming. The food however was decidedly average. It isn't cheap and the area offers a lot better for the same price. Championship rather than premier league for us I am afraid!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Saw in 2012 here with fabulous food, company and a good, homely party atmosphere; plenty of dancing time to work off those calories.
It's a little like partyng in a private home but with the benefit of an excellent chef and good wines. Totally French, and unstuffy. Great.

1  Thank isthma
Reviewed December 4, 2011

What a gem, almost in the middle of nowhere, yet a wonderful restaurant, great food & ambiance. Try it. I would have enjoyed every dish on the menu, the only problem was choosing. The staff were lovely, the setting great. We had driven past it a couple of times & thought it would be good to stop, then friends were recommended to it & invited us along. We will return.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

We had one of the best French meals that we have eaten outside the UK in this delightful restaurant.

The boeuf bourgignon was particularly delicious while the tarte tatin was excellent. A seafood starter was also fresh and tasty.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I feel driven to share my impressions of an establishment where delicious food is considered an art form from the moment one enters until they depart replete, charmed and delighted by the overall relaxing, uplifting experience. I have been visiting The Fox on a regular basis for the last five years and can share with you, gentle reader - hand on heart - that I can do nothing other than unreservedly sing its praises on the highest level.

The warm welcome can brighten the most dull, depressing day and in addition to their normal varied menu (which often changes), the 'special themed evenings' never fail to be a hit. As a classical musician who visits the United Kingdom on a regular basis, I recall performing in nearby Melton Mowbray on Halloween evening a couple of years back. The evening prior thirty+ members of my Concert Circle descended on The Fox for an evening feast and we were catered for with superb food and drink, all presented in a most timely manner in spite of the numbers. Head Chef Yves even baked a cake celebrating my chosen instrument, the pipe-organ. Now that certainly received an ovation and the majority claimed it to be one of the most memorable desserts of any season!

Incidentally, the portions are most generous and constitute a satisfying blend of the French and English schools of thought when it comes to dining.

Pals from Worcestershire drive to The Fox for a special evening on a regular basis and that is a good 90-minute run from the restaurant. I am happy to recommend The Fox to all and perhaps I'll see you there. I am especially fond of Table 15 at lunch-time, a fine place to read my daily paper just by the main window while enjoying the ambience, charm and splendid offerings of this very special, even remarkable slice of culinary heaven in the rural, rolling nature of Leicestershire..

1  Thank diapason52