“Used to be lovely, now poor”
Review of Baxters Home Farm - CLOSED

Baxters Home Farm
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on the B914, just next to junction 4 of the M90.Postcode: KY4 0JR
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We visited with friends, having been previously a couple of years ago when it was bustling and had a great varied menu with proper meals. Very disappointed on arrival - no welcome from staff, cold and run-down appearance and not warm heat wise either. Menu very limited to sandwiches, baked potatoes and paninis and that was it. Decided to go elsewhere (Kirklands Hotel, Kinross , far better and 10 mins away). Staff didn't even come to see us in 10 mins waited for service (place empty) and didn't ask why we were leaving. Seems to be running the place down to flog it off. It used to be so nice, so a shame.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were glad that the cafe was open on the bank holiday. It was my father's first real outing on his crutches so it was great that there was only a short distance from the car park and also a disabled toilet. Although we arrived close to closing, we were served fresh pancakes and maple syrup with tea and an expresso for dad. Thank you,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The full breakfast in the restaurant is my preferred choice with excellent value for money. Service was noticeably slower than usual but girls were pleasant and helpful so not a problem. Manageress is keen to please and engage with customers. A little more colour in the restaurant would make the surroundings less like a steading interior.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stopped here for a coffee & pancake in the cafe on a Sunday on my way North. It was enjoyable but I did have to wait 20mins for it to arrive. Staff were friendly and apologised for the wait. Maybe it would be wise to employ more staff as it appeared that only 3 people were working; serving in the shop & cafe, doing the cooking and taking orders & clearing tables. Enjoyable nonetheless.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been going to this place in it's many incarnations for at least 20 years. Initially it has been good to see the recent revitilisation of the store but the cafe is another matter. Today sat for ten minutes for waiting for table service only to be completely ignored. On pointing this out to Janice (who is lovely and has been there for a long time), I was happy to accept her apology and decline the offer of free cake or shortbread (dieting!!). Oh but the coffee - americano was disgusting and my friend's cappucino lukewarm. On mentionning this to the less than enthusiastic employee when paying - my friend was informed that the machine regulates the temperature. Oh for some customer service USA style. Please, please Baxters do something - get some staff who are interested in giving the customer a good service. Twizell54