“WHATS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT PASA ?”
Review of Pasa Restaurant

Pasa Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Akbuk
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We visited Pasa as a group of 5 on our first morning in Akbuk. Dived on by the waiters even at midday, we went in for a drink and were slightly pushed into a lunchtime meal. Obviously as new tourists, due to no suntan, we were surrounded by waiters who wanted to point out their trip advisor award on their front wall. The lunchtime meal of various Salads was fine and we asked if we could book for the evening, we were told no it was fully booked so we booked for later in the week ( Only 7.30pm was available we were told,) On arrival at 7.30 the restaurant was pretty full and one of our party went for the 'Famous Pasa steak' Others tried various mains, Seafood Pasta, Skewered Chicken , Surf and Turf etc. We had to wait 1hr 15 mins for our mains to come, All were average at best, The Steak was literally around 4oz
We had a bottle of red wine (cheapest 60 TL £ 17 ). Another family of 6 came in just after us and had to wait 1 hr 35 mins for their mains, We left feeling underwhelmed and a little overcharged for what we had, Whilst the view of sunset and the sea is fantastic, it is the same sunset all along the coastal strip and we certainly had more authentic and better quality meals for cheaper throughout Akbuk. Playing on their fame on Trip Advisor with the Brits, I think their popularity with the English has gone to their heads a little and standards are left a little short.
The restaurant was full of English in is what is a mainly Turkish holiday resort. I have left other reviews on Akbuk for future travellers, hope they help you on your holiday.

1  Thank WESTMEADHAWK807

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Title says it all, food lovely and staff friendly and fun. Would definitely recommend trying this place for meal or snack if in Akbuk.

3  Thank tink3010
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have been visiting Akbuk for almost 6 years now and still think Pasa is by far the best in terms of Location, Value, Atmosphere, Service and the Excellent Food Salih the chef and his team serve up.

The friendliness, service and attention from all the guys at the front of house make it a pleasure to eat at Pasa.

Keep up the good work Serdar.

1  Thank Allan B
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Having just been to Akbuk for a family holiday,we decided to go to Pasa after reading the reviews on tripadvisor.Unfortunately we were disappointed. Not so much with the wetherspoons type food on offer but the rude and lewd waiters comments to my youngest daughter (26). There were five of us in total ,that is my wife, myself, my eldest daughter and her boyfriend, and as I mentioned my youngest daughter. She was the centre of attention for this "man" who just wouldn't take the hint and leave us to enjoy our meals in peace.I won't repeat what he said to her,but suffice to say it was highly embarrassing in front of her parents, and I am certainly no prude when it comes to a bit of banter ,but this really crossed the line of decency. I pulled the waiter up about this as we left and he was still totally unapologetic. If you want nice food and brilliant service ,I suggest you try Olivias restaurant which is about 500 yards further along the front..The owner there was a gentleman and very knowledgeable and we had the best meal of our holiday there. If you like a great steak, this is the place to go.

3  Thank william c
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was by far the most expensive meal we had in Akbuk and the most disappointing. The setting is lovely on the seafront . I suppose it is a matter of what you are looking for but when away I do not want anglicised food. The Turkish dishes on offer were not a patch on those available at other restaurants on the front. The bread here was the worst we had - again other restaurants offer freshly baked delicious breads. The restaurant was almost entirely full of British travellers eating Pasa take on British meals. Our Turkish starter was measly and again not a patch on the lovely meze you can have elsewhere on the seafront. We found the waiters efficient but insincere and we waited an age for our food. I have labelled this meal expensive because it is compared to what else is available in the area but it would not seem expensive by British standards.