Bluefields Bay Villas
$184
$95
Luna Sea Inn(Bluefields)(Great Value!)
$97
  • Beachfront
$45
Priceline
  • Pool
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$429
$322
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$403
$309
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $382/night.

Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$527
$290
Bookit.com
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$277
$268
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssan micheleys fallsmullion coveprovidence housecottonwood cottagejerk chicken lunchprivate poolnight manclean clothesclub mobay representativehelicopter ridelocal schoolthe entire staffdeep sea fishingthe main housefamily vacationbanana bread
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at San Michele in October 2013, when people ask me about my trip, I always start with "no vacation in the future, will ever compare to my stay at San Michele." From the moment we were greeted at the airport by Percy with cold refreshing drinks, a short history lesson of Jamaica during our drive to have some very good Jerk Chicken at a place on the side of the road. I really couldn't imagine what the next 5 days were going to be like.

When we arrived at our villa we were greeted by the friendly staff, who gave us a tour of where we would be staying.(Percy, Owen, Lisa, Marvin, Morris, Aldeen, Romaine, Vaneisha, Ms Rose and Mr Harry (for the great food) and of course James, Thank you for the most Amazing Jerk Chicken, really hope I didn’t forget anyone) I don't remember much of the tour because I was in complete awe with how beautiful, and tranquil the property was, clear calm water, beautiful mountains to the right and a few homes to the left, I do have to say the attention to detail inside and out is unbelievable the furniture is beautiful and some is made locally, music that can be heard virtually anywhere on the property, a friendly staff member always around to ensure you are enjoying your time, it was nice waking up to freshly made Jamaican Blue coffee every morning.

When we all got settled into our rooms, we met for a drink at our very own "Island" which was probably the coolest thing about San Michele, the sunrises and sunsets were the most beautiful backdrops to wake up and fall asleep to everyday(I recommended keeping your windows open at least one time during the night to enjoy the ocean waves and the birds chirping). One thing that stood out about Bluefields Villas is how friendly, and attentive the staff were and how close we all became, learning about their culture, the differences between the way we live, it was so humbling to be around to what I believe are the happiest people I've ever met. (which ultimately made it even more difficult to leave, because they make you feel like family.)

The food… AMAZING. I've never been on vacation where I don’t come home having gained weight, because everything was fresh, and made from scratch even down to the most delicious key lime pie and homemade ice cream, I didn't think something so delicious existed. The unique part of the food experience is that, you eat on fine china breakfast, lunch and dinner and every meal had a different set, much better than a boring white plate, and one fork. (makes going back home to your one fork boring)

San Michele is very special because you literally have the entire place to enjoy with family and friends. endless activities to partake in. I like that you could sit and read book while enjoying a freshly made daiquiri or enjoy the private pool, beach volleyball, kayaking, walking around looking at the beautiful flowers, or hanging out with the dogs and cats and snorkeling in your front yard? yes, you heard me correctly, walk out of your living room, couple hops and a step and BOOM. snorkeling in warm crystal clear waters.

Our group did a few activities outside of the villa, took a boat tour on The Black River. Visited YS Falls where the guys (I photographed them) climbed up some stairs and jumped from a tree into the waterfall, I suggest going there, very awesome experience.

One very neat thing about Bluefields Bay Villas is the work they have done for the Local Basic school, we had the pleasure of visiting the school and spent some time with the children, I recommend visiting the school, and don’t forget to bring the kids some much needed school supplies, band aids, hand sanitizer etc.

Bluefields Bay Villas is not like taking your average vacation with a bunch of other guests you don’t know and will never see again, it really is a once in a lifetime experience where you are treated like royalty for your entire stay, and make friendships and memories with the staff that I will cherish, and hold in my heart forever. Thank you again for a truly memorable time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I meant to have written this last year, but having just returned from another great trip to Bluefields, I felt I was remiss in not sending this before.

My wife and I spent a wonderful week at Bluefields Villas to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and the experience was so amazing that we have since returned bringing family and friends with us on a separate occasion.

The quality of the staff, with their keen attention to detail yet their ability to allow you to feel you are living in this beautiful house in Jamaica all alone, (alone until your glass is just ready to be refilled, it is time for afternoon or pre-dinner snacks) as well as the effort they put in to ensure that all water based activities or massages or walking tours into the hills are ready and waiting just when you want them. Perfect.

For our anniversary we stayed at Hermitage and were also shown a couple of the other villas, they were all beautiful, filled with antiques, rare books, cut glass crystal, beautiful china-ware to give you a perfect old style Jamaican living experience. The Villas have quality written throughout them in my opinion, I have never stayed anywhere that compares with this special type of attention to detail and care.

The food that Harry, our personal chef, created for us was delicious and plated with quite some style and flair. He had us sampling new and extremely tasty food as well as asking us if we had any particular desires such as breadfruit which as he would then try to get get from the market and prepare for us the next day.

On the night of our anniversary the staff really pushed the boat out even further by decorating the diner table with many flowers and spelling out "Happy Anniversary" with them across the table. Nobody asked then to do this, this is just the level of extra touches and love that all at Bluefields have shown my wife and I on our visits there. We are definitely going again, as I fear my wife will divorce me now if I do not take her again soon!

Thank you all at Bluefields, you made our 25th Wedding Anniversary week as special as the day we got married.

Room Tip: All rooms we saw were unique and beautifully finished. Their web site is a true representation of what you will find and as all rooms are different, the web site will be the best place to allow you to choose the perfect fit for you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We rented Milestone Cottage for a week and were shocked by the quality of the property. Reasonably clean when we arrived, the worn out carpets, curtains and furniture picked up dust, bathrooms were shabby and
disgusting. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful, particularly Thermogene and Dawn, others drank most
of the spirits of the free bar during our stay. Food and drinks were ok.
The bedroom was only a few yards from the A1, a major road where cars and monster trucks roared all night through. The management suggested ear plugs ........
No direct access to a sandy beach - thats what you expect in Jamaica - we were supposed to enter kayaks on
a rocky beach and paddle 200 yards towards a small beach.
The only usable space for us was the terrace and the tiny "luxurious cliffside plunge pool" , getting to the so called "seaside pavillon" was a hard climbing tour which led to a shady concrete hut.
Worst thing was the smell and evaporation of insecticides in the bedroom, all niches, fabrics, walls and furniture apparently had been subject to treatments with poison ..... my wife is allergic on insecticides so luckily we could leave earlier and escape.
Only a few good things to mention, the view and sunsets are stunning, local management was friendly and so was a dog living on the property.
Overall great disappointment, highly overrated and terribly overpriced, the flamboyant descriptions on the web site conceal the bitter truth ...... A clear rip off and never again ! Already the booking was pushy claiming the money far in advance ..... no wonder why.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Joe R
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Our family of 14 stayed at the San Michael during New Year week 2013. It was a perfect spot for our large family as we could all stay together in one house and spend quality time together in this paradise. The service is amazing and we would definitely go back. Looking forward to seeing our friends at Bluefields again someday.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2014

right by road, loud, not 5 star accommodations or food, service pretty good but not great. Felt bad for dog on premises cowering when "night guard" showed up, other issues arose- all in all wouldn't go back

On the positive the view was amazing and sitting pool side watching the sunset was very relaxing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank skingKansas
bluefieldsvillas, Owner at Bluefields Bay Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

We are distressed that you were not 100% satisfied with your visit to Bluefields Bay. Our organization is committed to making our clients feel that they get a quality product at an excellent value. “Just OK” is not good enough for us.

We only wish you had spoken of your displeasure with the villa, the food, and the service when our management team visited you daily. While we do our best to anticipate the personalized needs/desires of our guests, we depend upon them being open about any concerns so we are able to make necessary changes and improvements. We pride ourselves on offering impeccable service and fine gourmet meals. If there had been a clue those were not meeting your expectations, we would have done everything in our power to rectify that situation.

Mostly we (and our staff) are devastated by your not wanting to come back like so many of our guests who adore this unique place peopled by its wonderful team of local workers. We are sad that we could not work more closely with you to make the vacation what you desired.

In closing, we must dispute your implication of animal cruelty, as that is not at all the case. That young dog is still a puppy and incredibly shy. There is no reason to have implied ill treatment on anyone’s part.

Houston