“Bluefields is heaven on earth.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bluefields
Bluefields Bay Villas
Reviewed July 24, 2008

This is the most wonderful place in the world to just relax and take it easy. If you do not put this on your list of things to do before you die you will be missing the most wonderful vacation of your life. Debbie and her staff make you feel like it is your home for the stay and this is not a fake attitude it is real!!!!! I do not have the words to describe how great this place is. It is a must do. I have only been home for three days and I have told 50 people about this and I am not even on the payroll!!! :-)

Thanks,

Jim and Trish Hawkins

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bluefields Bay Villas

Reviewed July 10, 2008

We arrived in Montego Bay at 9:40am. The line through immigratoin went fast. We then waited for our luggage for a looooooooooong time. On our last trip we did carry-ons only but, with the liquid restrictions this time, we chose to check one bag.
After exiting the customs area, there was the usual crowd of drivers asking where you were going. Villa owner, Debbie Moncure, had sent us specific instrutions for finding our driver. Round-trip airport transportation is included with villa rental. We had chosen to rent a vehicle and the driver was included in our villa rental.
Maurice was our driver and he met us in the rental car. He then drove us off airport property to the rental agency. My kids and I waited in the car while my husband filled out the paperwork. We were assured that we were safe and that there was security onsite by many people. I did not give it another thought. We felt quite safe.
We had traveled all night long and we were quite tired on the drive. Maurice is an excellent driver and he pointed out many areas of interest on the 70 minute drive. This side of the island is absolutely beautiful. There is a lot to see on the drive.
Even though we had arrived earlier than is requested on the website, Cottonwood Cottage was ready for us and we were told the cook was preparing something for us to eat. We met Yvonne, our cook, Sharon, a housekeeper, and Kim, our nanny, immediately.
The Cottage is two bedrooms/ two bathrooms with a nice sized living room. The furniture is absolutely beautiful and the linens were so clean and crisp. In the master bedroom, there are doors which open to a garden and you can shower with them open. My husband and I were a little hesitant but, it was really beautiful.
After our house tour, we were told that lunch would be served in the treehouse. This was a short walk down the stairs to a beautiful open house. There are three large openings with postcard views of the ocean and landscape.
Lunch was chicken with pasta. It looked wonderful to us but, it did not exactly look kid friendly. My daughter picked up her fork and took a bite. She was pleasantly surprised and said, that it was actually pretty good. Our son, was not so adventurous but there were plently of other things for him to eat. By Tuesday, our daughter was no longer in the mood to try new things. Kim, our wonderful nanny, accomodated with a smile and chicken nuggets.
There are no words to express how wonderful and welcoming the staff are. I had already fallen in love with Jamaica and her people from our first visit. This staff was there to make sure you got exactly what you wanted from your experience.
We wanted to be able to relax, experience beautiful country side and beaches, have wonderful food and be together as a family. The entire staff made certain that this was the case.
I am not accustomed to having a nanny so, I had to ask Kim what she usually did. This really broke the ice and we had a great week. My husband and I were able to read undisturbed and then check in with the kids for a swim. Kim even watched the kids for an afternoon so my husband and I could go to Appleton for the rum tour.
We really loved our last time in Jamaica. We also stayed in a villa as oposed to a hotel in the community of Silver Sands. We really enjoyed that time but, there were a lot of incidentals that required cash. It seemed we were always at the ATM for cash for tips or grocerys. I wanted something a little more inclusive that wouldn't require us carrying a lot of cash into the country.
We were able to pay staff gratuities with traveler's checks which really eased our minds. The owners of these villas live in the US and we spoke over the phone and through email several times. This is an extra comfort. We had excellent experiences and we plan to return next year.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jujubean101
Reviewed June 4, 2008

My wife and I flew out of Detroit on March 8, right through the blizzard of 08 , We landed about 2 hours late but our driver was there waiting well aware of our predicament.

He drove us to the villa explaining all the points along the way.. Maurice was his name and driving was his game..

We arrived and were shown to our bedroom while Earl prepared some cocktails. Greg the beach caretaker gave us a tour of the grounds and went back and had a great dinner with a view of the sunset over the ocean.

The villa is historic as you can see the architecture is 1940's Im guessing. The house is quite large and we were only 2 people on the 1st night. It was my 40th birthday that very day but we waited until Sunday when our close friends were to arrive. For my birthday dinner Rose made me a cake and decorated it too.
For every meal the table was decorated with flowers picked daily on the grounds, every day was different.

The food through out the week was 10 / 10 , Service was 20 out of 10.. We could do anything we wanted anywhere anytime.

Rose's cooking was what any 5 star resort could only wish for.
Earls , butler service and breakfast was always perfect.
The maids are all trustworthy along with all the other staff , as I would leave my ipod , watch and monies lying around and without incident. They had a safe that I never locked really.
The laundress would have our clothes back the next day by noon hung up and ready to use again
Greg and Nicardo were great , We will bring our kids next time so they can be entertained.

We booked Milestone cottage initially as we were only four people, Deborah the owner advised my that Mullion was available and that she would put is there instead. The good thing about Mullion is the huge waterfrontage ( 2 acres of privacy ) and that it has wireless internet. We spent our afternoons listening to Buffett and drinking all the Rum and red wine... No Problem , they always got us more..

If you didn't know , the price for the villas are inclusive of all food and alcohol , some of the wine we experienced there was absolutely excellent.

All in All when asked if we would ever go back by our friends , I would reply that we will never go to an all inclusive resort ever again. What we experienced there could never be duplicated by any large name company .

All the extras you get along with 6 star service make this the ONLY destination we will ever consider in Jamaica.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank HaasW
Reviewed April 8, 2008

We just returned from a week at Mullion Cove where we were married in front of the most amazing sunset on the pavillion below our Villa. The Villa, the staff, the service, the rooms, and the FOOD were second to none. Earl, Maurice, Andin, Carmen, Rose, Greg, Sharon, and the rest of the staff took care of any need we ever could have had. They are the friendliest, loving people....by weeks end it felt like we were getting married at home!

We had 9 adults and 2 children staying at Mullion Cove and 2 adults and 2 children staying at Milestone Cottage. From our 89 year old grandfather to our 2 year old nephew....everyone had a great week of fun and travels.

The staff helped with all of the wedding arrangements, prepared the most amazing meal and helped throw the best reggae party to celebrate our big day.

OVerall, we had the greatest, most relaxing week one getting married could ever imagine.

We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank cuseking
Reviewed March 21, 2008

After the many years of visiting your breathtaking villas, our first visit in 1998, I never once sent in a review. However, I tell absolutely everyone about our many journeys and how wonderful the staff treats us and now feels like we are coming home every time we return.

Our most recent visit in December 2007 was at Mullion Cove and brough our family with us for the first time. Harry's meals were exquisite and Earl met our every desire while Greg and Yakesha took wonderful care of our three children. Our friends joined us for the week and reminded us of our first visit with them. The kids were able to learn to kayak and fish the Jamaican way at San Michele and have a band at a party for my husband.

Each time we leave leaves us wanting more!

Thanks for sharing in your amazing discovery.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Fellman5
Reviewed February 28, 2008

Our party of seven -- myself, my husband, three kids (ages 11, 9 and 5) and my parents, both in their seventies -- spent an unforgettable week at Mullion Cove in December 2007. The Bluefields Bay Villas bring the idea of a relaxing caribbean vacation to a new level. We have never experienced anything like it.

Mullion Cove is a lovely, old-style jamaican villa, brimming with victorian furniture and jamaican hospitality. It's setting is perfect: it sits perched above the sea, with ocean views from the veranda, where we were served our wonderful meals on beautiful china, the table strewn with fresh flowers from the gardens. Earl was our caretaker for the week -- he served us tropical drinks (his banana dacquiris are to-die-for), our wonderful meals and anything else we should need, all with a low-key grace that made us comfortable even though we are not exactly used to having a person around whose sole purpose is to serve us.

So, what did we do all day? The large, rectangular pool is right below the veranda, in front of a grassy lawn and overlooking the sea and the beautifully tended gardens. Our kids spent hours splashing around, while we read, soaked up the sun and looked out over the ocean. From the pool, we'd wander down a lovely stone path, surrounded by carefully-tended tropical bushes and flowers, to the ocean-side gazebo. Greg, who tended the beach and gazebo area, was sure to keep the gazebo cooler filled with frosty drinks. From there, we'd swim out to the raft, where we luxuriated in the sun, periodically diving off for cool ocean swim. Or some of us would hop into one of the sea kayaks and explore the shoreline. Others might hang out and read in the ocean-side hammocks. Perhaps by then, we'd start to work up a hunger.

Time to wander back up to the villa for lunch. So let's talk about the food. My husband and I had been a bit worried -- the same cook for a whole week of meals, and what if we didn't like the food? Well, after our first dinner -- pumpkin soup, roast stuffed chicken, corn fritters, callaloo and key lime pie -- we knew we were in good hands. Every morning we met briefly with Jackie, our villa's cook, and planned our lunch and dinner for the day. Among the more memorable meals -- a picnic she packed for an excursion to YS Falls of the best fried chicken we've ever had, with cole slaw and banana bread; a delectable dinner of barbequed fish (caught fresh that morning) with fried rice; a lunch of curried lobster salad with stuffed cucumbers and corn bread. Fresh papaya sorbet for dessert anyone? We loved everything we were served.

Some others on TripAdvisor have mentioned wear and tear on the Bluefields Bay Villas. Mullion Cove is not a new house, and some of the bathrooms could use renovation, a few other areas could use some fresh paint. But overall, the villa is lovely, and those small details didn't really bother us once we settled in.

As a busy mom of three young kids, I have never experienced such an utterly relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. It wasn't cheap, but the beautiful, private villa, the unique setting right on the ocean, the impeccable service, the wonderful food all made it more than worth it. We will definitely return to the Bluefields Bay Villas in the future.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank conejaDC
Reviewed February 3, 2008

We felt as though we were in paradise, heaven or something other wordly. It was magical- a dream fantasy. The aqua sea, blue sky and greenery was a delight in January. Such a break from our reality. Here we were for a week with 10 of our favorite people, enjoying each other in a private tropical paradise. Our wish was the command of the staff in the most gracious way. They became extended family while we were there. My 5 and 7 year old grandsons as well as my parents (80's) had the time of their lives. Kirk (our nanny, part of the villa staff) had the uncanny ability to manage the little boys- he seemed to know exactly when it was time to let them share with the family and when it was time to whisk them away for another activity. It was a beautiful thing. We couln't have wished for more. We enjoyed complete privacy in an exclusive safe environment while being pampered by an excellent staff 24 hours a day. The coolers were always full of refreshments, outstanding meals appeared magically. The carribean was our private playground for a week that went entirely too quickly. We had definitely chosen an excellent location for a dream vacation. It worked seemlessly for the young, the seniors and all the in-between. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jillzee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefields
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Bluefields Bay Villas? Share your experiences!