“WOW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bluefields
Bluefields Bay Villas
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great place to vacation-awesome view of the ocean and excellent service. Staff was very accommodating from food offerings to driving us where ever we wanted to go. Horseback riding on the oceans edge, kayaking, picnics and many more fun things to do.

Room Tip: not all bedrooms have air conditioning-something to think about when choosing a room
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 190lindas
There are newer reviews for Bluefields Bay Villas

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We went to bluefield to celebrate with my sister, and her family. We all stayed together in the hermitage which is exactly as beautiful as the photos show. The pool was excellent for our kids the food was all Jamaica ij theme and wonderful. I would go again in a heartbeat! The thing that makes this experience better then any resort is the personal and professional service you get from the wonderful Jamaican staff who care for you. Our kids loved our nannys Dianna and Roane and Marvin our butler was a daily treat. His pina colada's were divine and his desire to make us happy made us feel so important. We spent only one full day away, because it was awesome to be there. We went to ys falls, which was great. Percy and James were real Jamaican gentleman and rose and Sharon made our food/home exceptional. Nicholas massages were wonderful and carmens daily planning with us was very helpful.
Our only complaints were the indoor/outdoors showers kinda icked us out. The evening there was no communal area that is not wide open to the bugs and lizards, that took some getting used too.
It is a perfect vacation spot, exquisite to look at and the staff are above excellent.

Room Tip: We put our kids in another room from us but because it had two separate outdoor entrances from us, a...
1  Thank jodi k
bluefieldsvillas, General Manager at Bluefields Bay Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Jodi,

Thank you very much for your gracious comments about the Hermitage. It was a pleasure hosting you in Bluefields. Dianna, Roanne, Marvin, Rose, Sharon, Carmen, and the rest of our team all thoroughly enjoyed hosting you and your group.

Your review is very positive and we look forward to having you back in Bluefields. I have personally inspected the shower that you have referenced. While they are indoor/outdoor i guarantee that upon your next trip, you will be very happy with it. For future reference, if there are any issues that arise during your trip, we hope that you will bring it up to us right away so it may immediately be resolved. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service and deeply regret not being able to make your vacation completely perfect.

Warm Regards,
Houston

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is my second visit to Bluefield Bay Villas and I can only tell you that everyone must experience the total pampering and attention to detail that I haven't been shown in my life! This is my fifth year in a row vacationing to Negril and I have stayed at other resorts big and small. By far this is my favorite. This year I brought my Mom and Sister and a great friend to show them what total relaxation is all about. The staff are amongst the kindest people that I have ever met. They stop at nothing to make sure that everything is Irie! We were informed before our visit that a bad storm came through and compromised the beach area of the villa that we had booked, so what does this wonderful place do? Call me to inform me right away and upgraded us to a much bigger and grand villa as to not take away our amazing experience! On top of that, arranged the helicopter transport the day before our arrival due to my mistake in booking! I have taken the helicopter both times with Chris, and believe me when I tell you, it is soo worth it! I cannot say enough nice things here to convey my appreciation for the place and the people, it would take all day!

Room Tip: You don't have to worry here on room selection, our reaction to both places when we have arrived...
1  Thank sweetpea808
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We celebrated our 10th anniversary at Bluefields in April and had a fantastic time. The villa was beautiful, the staff warm, friendly and attentive and the food was outstanding. We enjoyed gourmet meals and snacks prepared with fresh locally sourced ingredients, cocktails on the beach and by the pool, snorkeling and kayaking, day trips with a guide/driver and picnic lunch, and lots of relaxation. Every little detail was taken care of and thoughtfully executed. If you are looking for a truly all inclusive vacation in a spectacular location this is the place for you. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We made our first trip to Bluefields about 20yrs. ago , and keep returning .We 've had family trips , stays with other couples , and times when it was only my wife and myself . We have stayed in every property except the honeymoon cottage , and every trip was different , except for the level of service and quality that the staff provides.
You can be as active or lazy as you want . Your staff will do everything in their power to make your request's a reality . The food is excellent and they even accommodated my GLUTEN ALLERGY .
Every property is unique , and there is one for any size group .
We last stayed at Cottonwood Cottage . It's perfect for couples who want a cozy intimate
space . It may be smaller than the other houses , but is ervery bit as big in comfort , beauty , and satisfaction .

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James S
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We had a wonderful family stay at Bluefields! This was our first trip and we so enjoyed Providence House. Our four children 11,10,7,7 LOVED the staff, the pool, the beach, the kayaks and just hanging out. The staff was amazing----i didnt really think we would need a 'nanny' with my children being older, but it was wonderful to have someone to help with sunscreen, getting waters, grabbing shoes---and make my (and my husband's) vacation so much more of a vacation! Ro'Anna was so so so sweet and wonderful with the children. She and Sarah braided my three girls' hair with beads---and were always there to tell stories, play games and build puzzles. Feldon showed us how to find starfish and conch shells while snorkeling---he also helped us go to the beach and joined us in Negril for cliff jumping. All of the kids LOVED Feldon (And Sarah, Christopher, Neville, Diana, Laurenita and Anna Kate)! Carmen came by each and every day to check on us and help us plan our week's activities. She arranged the trip to the YS falls where we went ziplining and waterfall hiking. There was also a great rope swing.
The food was incredible---we so enjoyed the fresh, unprocessed, local foods. Each meal was wonderfully prepared by Anna Kate. We chose to have our kids eat what the adults ate---as they are pretty adventuresome eaters. We had pumpkin soup, lobster bisque, curried chicken, fresh salads---all of which was wonderful and the kids always asked for seconds!. Breakfast food was wonderful---the Calaloo omelet was delicious---similar to a spinach omelet. The children chose jamaican eggs, pancakes and/or french toast---they could pretty much choose to have what they wanted. Everything was delicious!
We had several days of just unwinding and hanging out at the house (swimming, snorkeling, beachcombing) and then had several trips to see the sights in the area. Bluefields is rural with little development in either direction to the east or west. This allowed us to feel safe and really enjoy a truer culture of Jamaica rather than being in a 'western' all inclusive resort (after driving thru Negril---we definitely saw how bluefields was so much of a better place to stay).
We loved our time there and are looking forward to returning soon!.

Room Tip: Providence House does not have AC but we didnt find this to be a problem---we had fans on at night...
2  Thank mattandles
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay for three wonderful days at Mullion Cove. Previously I had spent a week in Negril at the all inclusive resorts which were a lot of fun and lived up to their rep, but Bluefields was another totally incredible experience. The setting is spectacular, the villas are all unique, the standard of service is high and the attention to my enjoyment was above and beyond my expectations. It started with an amazing massage, one of the best I have ever experienced, and extended to the food which was a delight at every meal, to the personal service from my headman, Aldeen and from all of the staff at Mullion dedicated to making my stay memorable. The villas are all unique. Mullion Cove is the original property owned by the Moncure's, the others have either been acquired over the years or have been built brand new. I loved the colonial antiques, the beds are to die for, the artwork and furnishings really did make me feel comfortable and at home. I have to admit there was a certain shabby-sheik feel to Mullion Cove which likely has something to do with its age, for example the water pressure in the showers left something to be desired and the bathrooms could be updated. On balance though these were easily overlooked and added to the authentic feel of the Villa. I would heartily recommend anyone of the Villas as a truly incredible experience for a holiday or celebration! Love to all. Mike

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefields
Jamaica Inn
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Bluefields Bay Villas? Share your experiences!