“Excellent”

The Spud Box
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Kaladar
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We travel the 7 about 10 times a year and finally decided to stop. Glad we did. The food was excellent the man at the window was very attentive to the customers. And he really cared what we thought. I believe this will be a stop we make every trip now. FYI food takes time to make. Be patient. It's worth it :)

1  Thank Ottawachell

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place can get really busy during summer weekends. We enjoyed the food, but the 15 minute wait may put you off. Is it worth the wait? Yes, but just be expecting it, the food is made to order.

1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pass this place all the time while on the road for work and always say I'm going to stop there one day and give it a try ... Well one day I did !! And I'm glad I did .

I had a cheese burger and fries , owner guy said it would be the best burger and fries I have ever had . Ya sure it would be I said to myself lol. My order was ready in under 10 mins . Know what ... It was the best burger and fries I have ever had ( other than my homemade burger) , the owner was right , it was a freshly made burger , not a cheap frozen burger patty , it had fresh lettuce, onions , and tomato's on it and real cheese !! Not processed. The fries were fantastic , could tell they were fresh , cook just perfect and hot.

All in all , it was fantastic and can't wait till I can stop in again and try something else on the menu. Remember it is cash only ... No debit or anything and the owner will tell you like it is and not give you the run around or bull crud you around. It is what it is , its not a 5 star restaraunt... All though in the world of chip truckS ... This is a 5 star !!!

Keep up the good work !!

Big Alex can't wait to come back for more :) :) :)

2  Thank Gelaas
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just stopped at The Spud Box in Kaladar on our way home from a few days at Bon Echo Provincial Park, and must say, we weren't disappointed! The food was great, the service too!

The owner took our order and asked our name - he never forgot our name the whole time we were there, which made the experience all that much more fun.

The family ordered a hot dog and fry, two poutines, a Penalty Box burger and a house salad. All were delicious! The burger, fries and poutine were superb, and the salad was the best you could ever expect from a chip truck (even better than many restaurants!)

Our daughter rarely eats fries, and in this case, she brought them with her in the car and kept eating them the whole way home!

The kids both got a Lifesaver popsicle from the owner as a treat, so they enjoyed that a lot!

All in all, a great chip stand! Word has it, the owner is looking to open a second location in Kanata, so we're excited for that!!

1  Thank Trillium_Family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had pulled pork poutine and bbq chicken sandwich. Pork was best gut bomb you could ask for on a road trip ... pork atop french fries and smothered with dark gravy. Chicken was great _real chicken breast grilled and served on a sesame bun. Awesome. We will be back. Great fries. Cash only!#

2  Thank julierofo