Royal Tahitien
$71
$62
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$181
$173
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$103
$265
$196
LeMeridien.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

$365
$351
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $453/night.

All reviewsmentioned by other reviewersbit datedblack beachinternational airportservice makestahitiwaterfallplanekitchenette
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had an emergency while travelling in French Polynesia and my husband was hospitalized and I was able to get a room at this hotel across the street. I found the hotel staff very accomodating and sympathetic. The room I got faced the ocean and it was actually a beautiful view. The room does look like it's from the 60s or 70s and by the second night there were ants (not due to clealiness because it was very clean but I suspect they have an ant problem) in the room but the reality is that I was only there to sleep and spent most of my days at the hospital. The ants never got into the bed or the bathroom and the cleaning staff sprayed the room after I told them about it.

The room also had a fridge and a kettle and cups with instant coffee and that was nice to have.

I rated it very good because of the location and the sympathy of the staff. If you need to be close (5 minute walk) to the hospital (and it was a great hospital), this is the hotel to stay even if it is pricey for what you get.

Room Tip: I would recommend this place if you need to be by the hospital. I was treated very well here and Yasmin was especially sweet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelladybugOntario
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 3 days when my husband and I had to leave our cruise ship because he was hospitalized with an emergency condition. Worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. Checked in late evening, room was on 2nd floor and no offer of helping with luggage, pointed to location of room and left on my own to locate room. Furnishing were very old and outdated, mattresses hard and very thin. Outside light did not work, completely dark all around hotel. Locks on doors could have been broked by a small child. I did not feel safe at all. Sheets on bed were paper thin, towels were also paper thin. No soap, no wash clothes. Food very expensive and not good at all. If you are in the area please don't use this hotel.

Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank CherylLaGrange
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Checked in late and no one guided where the room is at night. No coffe tea or anything.room are not little but too outdated. After 2 days, Ipad stolen from the room, someone had the time to look for the charging doc and the cable too as it went missing together, some other stuff missing too and the hotel managements response. It is impossible, our staff is reliable, I was asked ARE YOU SURE YOU BROUGHT YOUR IPAD, whats the proof?
I will rather feel safe sleeping on the street than in this hotel. Guys please dont checkin!!
You can bargain in other hotels for a similar price.
I travel a lot for work, been to worst countries but havent seen such a place.

Room Tip: Best option is never ever go there.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Tarun S
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The rooms are dated. The AC didn't work. There were bugs in the room. There was no hair dryer. No toiletries either. Just a small bar of soap. Any complaints to the front desk were met with an unfriendly "it is being handled". Nothing was ever handled. There were 14 of us on a post cruise stay. We were all miserable. There is no beach even though the hotel is on the water. The waves crash against a sea wall. The pool is nice but very small. There are no lounge chairs. About an hour after we asked for pool chairs some one show up with the white plastic stacking chairs. After another request for lounge chairs some showed with the lounges taken off the patios of the rooms. It was another round of discussions to get drink service at the pool. The food in the restaurant is ok but expensive. Restaurant hours are limited. Certainly not the service one would expect at a resort. It was a constant negotiation to get any kind of service or amenity. Just don't stay here. Motel 6 would be a better choice.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center. Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Muttrescue
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stopped here for 4 days on my way from Vancouver Canada to visit friends & Sydney & tour Australia & New Zealand & stopped in Fiji & Hawaii on the way back.

I figured Australia was such a long flight & expensive anyway I may as well make a grand tour of it & shorten the plane rides a bit.

I was always curious about Tahiti. I was born in Montreal, so although Anglo/Irish by birth I love Montreal and love the French way of doing things. You get this here. The food was good. The people were polite, if a bit offstandish at first, but if you beam a really wide smile at them they return it gladly.

I ended up here because I wanted a black sand beach. I live in Vancouver. We have a beach. I've seen other beaches in France & Spain & a red one in PEI. I wanted to see a black one. The sand is more dark grey. It's not the best beach in the world, but it's still nice & I saw one of the nicest sunsets I've ever seen there, while sipping a tropical cocktail after a decent dinner cooked in their own restaurant.

I have to say I loved the people that ran this resort. It was obvious there was a family involved. My first impression was scary. I arrived in the airport (a woman travelling alone) With a red -haired French woman holding a sign with my name on it. She picked me up as well as 5 other people. Another couple & a family of 3. They got off at other hotels closer to the airport & I was left alone with her, which was okay, because she was really nice & easy to talk to. She dropped me off at the entrance to this resort though & left me with this huge man with a taciturn demeanor. He took my suitcase, grunted as he transferred it to another van & motioned for me to get aboard. No English- No French, just "grunt" & a motion at a smile ...he reminded me of a Bond henchman. The trip from the entrance of the resort to the check in desk is LONG & at the time it was very dark & I wondered where this henchman was taking me.They are not taking you for a ride & this guy is actually very nice & he's just a bit reserved. The family that owns this place are very warm & welcoming & it does seem to be family run.

The rooms are unremarkable, but comfortable & the gardens & grounds are beautiful and the ocean view setting from the restaurant is idyllic. It was May when I was there & the other customers were a lovely ecclectic mix of French, British & Australian. I don't think it was full to capacity or even near that, so it was quiet. Suited me fine.

Wonderful memories. I took the local bus into town to the market in Papeete and walked back. It's a LONG walk, but I was young with good leather sandals. Walked past some sort of compound with barbed wire. Army Base I think. Back at the resort I watched the family, children included picking mangoes off the trees on the grounds of the resort. They were packing them in boxes for the market. The kids were laughing as they worked.

I also remember having a fruit salad for breakfast which included some of the most beautiful juicy fresh tropical fruit I`ve ever had. I`m not usually an early riser, but the sun had just risen on a beautiful day. I recommend this place to people who are wanting to connect with the more citified Tahitian people.. (that said the city is small) and people who like markets.

I also now want to go back-to this same resort, but I also want to see some of the pristine clear waters & whiter sand beaches of Moorea or Bora Bora.

If you`re looking for an exceptional beach, wide & expansive, this isn`t the place. If you want a marina with golf course & tennis course, this isn`t your place. If you want a quiet uncrowded place with good food and a REALLY relaxed atmosphere, with good sunrises & sunsets this mayb just be the ticket.... also go to the Gaugin Mueum if you like art

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo