Pomeroy Inn & Suites Grimshaw
$85
Super 8 Peace River AB(Peace River)(Great Value!)
$71
$69
$73
$65
$106
BCMInns - Peace River(Peace River)(Great Value!)
$66
$85
Peace Valley Inns(Peace River)
$62
$54
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspeace riverfriendly stafffull kitchenfront desk stafffree breakfasthot breakfastin townroom was cleancustomer appreciationpizzabaconseparate bedroomenjoyed our staygreat roomexcellent breakfastfamily weddingexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Customer service is the best i have encountered. I stay in hotels 5 days per month on business and have stayed at many different locations and hotel chains. All the staff at Pomeroy Grimshaw are amazing and go above and beyond with outstanding smiles and service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank karencruz
Vivian M, Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Grimshaw, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write us a review, we welcome good as well as well as the bad. We thrive to give the best customer service we can and make your stay like you were home. Family not only is a word we use for our employees but for guests we see on an ongoing basis. We always look forward to seeing you and happy you have chosen the Pomeroy as your hotel of choice in the Peace area for your stays. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

First time staying in this hotel. Front deck staff was very friendly. They also had a free beer and pizza night on for the guests, nice surprise!! My room was big, clean and awesome. I was in a kitchen unit, with a living and tv, and a king size bed. The bed was heaven, slept like a rock! When I was leaving the next morning housekeeping was cleaning a room as I walked by, I was surprised and happy to see housekeeping girl had the fridge pulled out and was cleaning it and around it. Top shelf Pomeroy Inn. See you next time for sure!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Vivian M, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Grimshaw, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Thank you for your time to write us about your stay on our property. We believe in giving back to our guests by having guest appreciation in our properties, making sure your stay is the best it can be. We want you to have the best stay possible. Our suites are the next best thing to being at home.. We look forward to your next visit..

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I travel often for work and spend many evenings a year away from home; my favorite place to stay in the Peace Country is the Pomeroy Inn & Suites, Grimshaw. Over the past three years I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and I am always welcomed warmly with hugs and a warm clean room. The staff are always very accommodating to my needs, and the 'guest appreciation' nights are a touch I have never experienced anywhere else. I have never felt like my business was as appreciated as it is at this hotel and as a result I won't consider staying somewhere else and I recommend this location to all who travel in this area. I should also note that I am a single female who travels alone and I feel very safe without any concerns.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Vivian M, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Grimshaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

10/1//8/2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, and taking the time to post it. Our goal each and every day is to provide an amazing and welcoming experience for our guests. I am happy to be able to accomadate you on your visits, which we always look forward to seeing you.We are happy that you travel on the first part of the week to enjoy our guest appreciation as well and its always great seeing your reaction when you see what we have for guests that night.Thanks once again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I have stayed here a couple of times, once in the huge honeymoon suite. The rooms were clean and quiet, good mattresses. Front desk was polite. The breakfast is better than average. The wireless internet is too slow to use.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We found this unit of the Pomeroy chain to be considerably below the standards set by other units of this chain.
I will start at the beginning! and will apoligize if it seems that I am rambling on or being a "princess" but there are certain standards that we have become accustomed to this falls extremely short!

Apon arrival with my spouse and our small dog we were told that there would be a fee of $25 for the dog, Thats fine. We asked to be on the third floor in a room we had been in before and were told there was none available.
We proceed to go to our room on the first floor, First thing we did was check out the bed (which is the most important part of the room) right away we noticed there was two large holes right through the bed cover! One had been previously sewn and was ripping through again, The other was actually a burn mark! (We are in a non smoking room by the way!) Next I checked to see if the pillows were at least the same great quailty pillows I have come to love from the pomeroy.... Nope they were extremely lumpy and overused!

Next I proceeded to set up my laptop on the desk, I went to turn on the lamp and it did not work, So I took the lightbulb out of another lamp that I figured we would not need right away and put it in the lamp on the desk, Nothing..... Hmm? so I changed the plug in and it worked this is where I relized that I can either plug in my laptop I need for bussiness purposes or I could plug in the lamp? Not both! Because only one out of the two plugs in the wall socket by the desk worked, So I moved the T.V away from the wall in search of another plug, Yay! there was one free socket! LOL So I solved that little problem... Now on to the next!

I figured I should go check out the exercise room which I try to use everyday while satying at the pomeroy! the Gym is usually pretty good with the Pomeroy Hotels, Not this one! The T.V on the wall is about 13" big and makes horrible screeching noises instead of sound! I figured okay I don't need the T.V right? I proceeded to have my daily workout when I was finished I relized there was NO disenfectant to be found!? ( This seems very unsanitary to me how bout you?) and also there was no place to put the used sweaty towels? There was a pile of three or four on the floor! :(

Next I went down to the spa which I was really hoping would soothe my aching muscles.... Just to find out that the Spa was the same temperature as the pool? and the jets do not work! (yes I turned on the timer).

So I proceeded to go back to our room and have a hot shower! Only to relize more problems! the faucet is actually falling of the wall! The plate that is around the showerehead is hanging off the wall. Same thing by the dirty toilet! (see pics)
So after I had my shower I went to turn on the fireplace ( I figured this was a nice feature to have) And it does not work! I tryed the switches on the fireplace its self the remote control and also the switch on the wall! And it would not turn on!

At this point I went to the front desk with a list of 8 things wrong in out room alone!
The front desk lady would not even listen to what I had to say! And continually gave me excuses why things were the way there were! And not once apoligized for any inconvience that we are having! And actually wanted to charge us more money to have two people in the room and not just one? I asked to be moved to another room and was told that the hotel was fulland even if there was another room we would have to pay a fee for the carpets to be steam cleaned because we have a dog! ( by the way the dog has been in a kennel this whole time) With no choice of another hotel to go to we had to stay here so around 11:00pm I went outside with the dog and relized that the parking lot was not even full! 24 vehicles to be exact! How is there No Vacancy?

I decided I would try to have the best sleep I could despite the circumstances, This is when I relized that the A.C/Heater that is right beside the bed makes a horrible noise everytime it kicks in! OMG! I had the worst sleep ever!
In the morning we were awoken by the chambermaid offering to change the shabby bed cover, We were not even dressed yet! and were not comfortable inviting her in to do this right now and sent her away, 10mins later there was another knock at the door! I proceeded to answer it with a robe on, It was the Maitenance man! Seeing that I was not clothed yet still proceeded to ask if he could come in and "Fix" things!? I found this very innapropriate!!! (I am not a plumber or a maitenance man but I do know it is going to take more than a few hours to fix everything wrong in this room!) We sent him away.
At this point I was still in hopes that maybe they would move us to another room, My spouse talked to the manager and to say the least we are still in the same crappy room and nothing has changed! and no apology! We actually owe more money! $10 a night for two people in the room!?

Mr.Pomeroy's picture is hanging by the front desk, Well, Mr. Pomeroy, the price you're being paid for your name is the price for which you have now sold your reputation....
This was the worst experience I have ever had while staying with the Pomeroy Hotel chain! Very dissapointed with everything especially the staff!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank jaimelee
Vivian M, Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites Grimshaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

First off thank you very much for taking the time to fill out this review. We realize that we are responding to this review on TripAdvisor long after it was posted but we felt that we should address all of your concerns here on-line. I do appreciate that since this incident you have stayed here and we have had the chance to make it right with both of you.
It is unfortunate that when you stayed with us the only room we had left was our room on maintenance; meaning not 100% up to par. We were very appreciative of your understanding about taking that room however that does not discount the fact that your stay was less than satisfactory.

Our linens have always been of the highest quality and the linen that was used in your room was in no means acceptable with our brand standards. Another point you mentioned was the faucet was loose on your shower, this again was one of the reasons why the room was on maintenance and it was remedied before your checkout. We truly apologize as this is not the standard to which we operate our hotel.

Our on-site amenities such as our pool, waterslide, hot tub and fitness room have always been a source of pride to this facility and have always garnered us positive reviews. Some of the concerns you highlighted had not previously been brought to our attention from other guests. We are glad that you did so; it is only possible to correct these matters with feedback from guests like you.

The manner in which your complaints were dealt with is not reflective of the type of Guest Services we strive for. Our goal is to ensure that your concerns are addressed and that they are dealt with in a professional and timely manner. Thank you for speaking with Management after the fact and please know that the issues you raised were immediately rectified.
I want to comment to the fact that since this stay, we’ve had the pleasure of having you as our guests again and we truly appreciate that opportunity. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in Grimshaw and the Peace River area. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss this further. 780-332-2000

Vivian McGuire