Stayed at the Kyrimai for 2 nights and wished we booked for a longer stay. This hotel was the highlight of our trip in the Mani region. The Kyrimai is set against a beautiful backdrop next to a rocky cliff along the bay. The environment is relaxed as the hotel is located in a small fishing village. The region around the hotel is rocky and barren but beautiful as the area has been untouched by mass tourism.
There is no expense sparred in building this hotel. Every detail is done in the most elegant way. The common areas are comfortable with internet access. The staff was fantastic. Everyone was helpful and attentive to our needs. Eleni was the best. On our 2nd night we were able to get a seaview room that turned out to be the best. I made the mistake of originally booking a small room that did not have a seaview. As previous reviewers mentioned, the rooms without a seaview are truly small with very little sun light coming in. If you plan on staying here definitely reserve the seaview room. you will not regret it.
The highlight of the hotel is the restaurant. We ate dinner both nights at the Kyrimai. The menu features traditional food but with a modern/innovative twist. All ingrendients came from within the region. Home baked breads, fish that is perfectly prepared, fresh herbs and sauces that accompanied the dishes. Extradordinary.
Having been to Greece several times, I think I could say the Kyrimai is truly one of the best boutique hotels in Greece. It was worth every euro to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mani, in the southern Peloponnese, is one of the most unique regions in Greece known for its wild, rugged beauty, the customs of its people and its heritage. The Kyrimai Hotel represents an exquisite renovation of the old trade centre of Mani built in 1870. The result is an awesome rendering of period architecture, complete with a complex of stairways, arches and inner courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Kyrimai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kyrimai Hotel Gerolimenas
- Kyrimai Hotel Peloponnese