We stayed for nearly a week and already look forward to returning! The hotel has a cosy family feel and its location is superb. We stayed at the master suite which can easily accommodate 4 people, with the parents sleeping in a tree-house-like loft bed right under the roof. A dainty balcony overlooking the bay adds further to the room's charm. During the latter half of our stay, we moved to another suite, also very comfortable for the 4 of us, up on top of all other rooms, it felt. Its windows were smaller, to keep the heat and blazing sun out, but a verandah-like little balcony made this room choice another excellent one. Both suites had only bathtubs, which worked fine, although a simple shower cabin would have been more comfortable.
The toiletries were very pleasant, and the towels and linens clean. Our room and bathroom, however, could have benefited from more vigorous dusting. The staff are professional and extremely courteous. In the low season, or perhaps due to the family-style set-up, they are at risk of being over-extended and sometimes their stress can show. Everyone is very well-meaning, though. When the house is full, it might be advisable to think about a buffet-style breakfast, instead of having it served by one (very energetic!) person.
Overall, a definite thumbs-up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mani, in the southern Peloponnese, is one of the most unique regions in Greece known for its wild, rugged beauty, the customs of its people and its heritage. The Kyrimai Hotel represents an exquisite renovation of the old trade centre of Mani built in 1870. The result is an awesome rendering of period architecture, complete with a complex of stairways, arches and inner courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kyrimai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kyrimai Hotel Gerolimenas
- Kyrimai Hotel Peloponnese