“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Curridabat
Pensacola, Florida
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed there for 8 days in October and it was the most wonderful hotel experience.
Beautiful room, mountain view, free wifi, fantastic breakfast and the most professional service I have ever seen.
Thank you, it was a joy staying in your hotel! Can't wait to return!

HSalanki

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HSalanki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here one night with my wife and baby as we had a half marathon the next morning so it was easier to stay there than drive at 5 am from my house to the starting line. The hotel is very new, its right smack in the middle of a shopping center, it looks brand new. The rooms are large and comfy, the bed is nice, really no complaints that I can think of. Breakfast was nice, the coffee was very good, the food could have been a little warmer, it was almost room temperature even though it was covered. The gym is small but it is well equipped. the machines are very nice and new. Parking is easy, all in all, a good deal, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrWinnito
Uvita, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This brand new hotel is located between San Jose and Cartago (Volcano Irazu) in a modern shopping area / food court. As we live on the beach and sometimes have to go to San Jose for various issues this has become our home away from home. The rooms are clean and comfortable and at excellent value. There is no other option of this quality at this side of San Jose. The service is outstanding and brakefast (included) good. They also provide free wifi. We will definitivly be coming back here on a regular basis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed September 7, 2013

New hotel in a nice open air shopping center in east San José. Rooms were spacious, really nice buffet breakfast, free parking and wifi, great staff. A great deal for the price! Stayed 3 days with my children. Beware Of San José traffic: it took us 2 hours to get in and out the city at anytime Of day!

• Stayed September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Place during a business trip in November 2012. I've been to San Jose many times before this and have stayed at other hotels in more busy areas. After this stay, I'll never stay anywhere near downtown San Jose again!

Although Hyatt Place is a short drive away from the city, I consider that a good thing. Parking isn't an issue; there's a huge parking lot on the premises. The hotel is actually located within a plaza, so there is shopping and dining all right there within walking distance. I also felt extremely safe in this location. I didn't feel safe walking around other areas of San Jose in the past.

I have to say my favorite part of this hotel was the staff. They were so kind, friendly and accommodating. They answered any questions I had, and always had a smile on their faces. The morning that I checked out, I was kind of in a rush and didn't have time to sit down and have breakfast, so one of the front desk girls went to the kitchen and wrapped up some fruit and pastries for me to take with me on my way out. So sweet!

The rooms were also very impressive. Very modern and clean, as was the whole hotel. I believe the hotel had just opened the day before I got there. So everything was new. And even though they had just opened, I figured there would be some hiccups. But everything went perfectly! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in San Jose, whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Costa Rica
Reviewed May 30, 2013

For a business meeting in Cartago I need to stay for a night in the west side of San Jose. Positively surprised to find a brand new hotel with excellent rooms and bathrooms, very clean, good internet and a spectacular breakfast at a reasonable price. The hotel is located inside a mall which makes it very safe. Also there are many good restaurants around. The staff was always very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SBV7
Atlanta
Reviewed May 28, 2013

For the most part I loved this hotel. It was pretty new and in a convenient location for me. There was a plethora of dining options a step away. If something takes you to the east side of San Jose, this could be a decent option. There were, however, two things that weren't great.
1. Pool is small, in the shade much of the day, and beside a highway. They have a grass screen to block the view of Walmart, but it didn't block the noise. It looks like an afterthought.
2. Fire alarm went off 2 times in the early hours and each time a false alarm. The staff ignored them, while I did not. I don't take fire alarms lightly and expect a minimum of concern or notice. No one was downstairs at the exit and I waited 15 minutes. The next morning I got little more than an "oops" from the front desk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CUbeMan
Hyatt_SJ_Management, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We did in fact experience a false fire alarm during your stay, please accept our most genuine apologies for this disturbance. We completely acknowledge how disconcerting this was, especially as it took place in the early hours. As part of our Hyatt International standards we take the safety of our guests very seriously, our staff go through detailed training in order to ensure everyone's well being. On the occasion in question, our team verified that it was a false alarm following our emergency response protocol. Once this process was complete, we did not identify guests outside the hotel in our additional rounds of the property. This feedback is very important to us so that we may implement the necessary improvements to ensure a smoother experience. It was surprising for us to hear the innapropriate response that you received regarding this incident the following day, rest assured that we are following up on this.

We are happy to hear that you found our location within Momentum convenient and acknowledge that the pool is in an urban setting.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Place San José/Pinares in the near future.

Luciano Julio - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Curridabat
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,240 reviews
Apartotel La Sabana
Apartotel La Sabana
#4 of 84 in San Jose

Been to Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares? Share your experiences!