“Very Good Quality! ”

Satto
Ranked #6 of 64 Restaurants in Curridabat
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Quality! ”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here on numerous occasions and each time it has been outstanding! The quality of sushi is always good and the prices aren't extremely high. Service is always good. 1 day per week they have special for 3 rolls and you only pay for two.

“Great sushi and japanese dishes in a nice small restaurant”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

After trying most of the restaurants that offer sushi in Costa Rica, I think that Satto is one of the best. Will go back for sure to try other Japanese dishes. Small, comfortable place in a quite neighborhood.

• Visited May 2014
San Jose, Costa Rica
“The best sushi in Costa Rica”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The best sushi in town , no question about it. True japanese food.....Quality of the fish OUTSTANDING.......Prices are good. The service is fantastic...you cant go wrong..We go to Satto few times a week and everytime is FANTASTIC. We give Satto an A+. Simply the best.

Carl and Kattia

• Visited March 2014
san jose
“Without question the Best Sushi in Costa Rica”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

In the last 10 years, I've been literally to every major sushi bar/restaurant in Costa Rica. I often stick with a place before another catches my eye.
I've tried Satto for 6 months now, and can now write a honest review of my experience, which I summarize in 3 major points.
1- Rice Flavor and Consistency: by far is the best Rice mixture I've ever tried. Not too soft or not too dry. It's completly balanced and it's flavor is extraordinary. You won`t find this rice flavor in any other restaurant.
2-Fish Color, and Freshness: Since I first ordered 6 months ago, the quality of picking fish according to high standards of freshness and flavor have been a 11 out of 10 each time.
3- Owner's and Staff sympathy: A perfect meal is nothing without a great service. All the staff is always so nice and ready to meet your sushi needs. The owner is very friendly, and I assure you will leave Satto with a smile in your face, wanting to come back.

Combining these 3 points for me I gotta say without doubt, Satto is the Best Sushi Restaurant in Costa Rica.

Sergio L.P.

• Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Sushi in Costa Rica”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While Tsunami is the best sushi in Jaco, Satto is the best in the country and some of the best sushi I've had in the world.

For one, they are the only place that uses the proper Japanese rice to make rolls. Prices are reasonable. The salmon sashimi is incredible, as well as the Aspen roll.

I've tried the tuna a couple times in rolls and its not my favorite. The tuna at Tsunami in Jaco is better, but the salmon and the edamame and gyozas and everything else that I order is much better at Satto (and that says alot as Tsunami is excellent overall).

The lemonade with ginger is divine. Overall my favorite restaurant in Costa Rica all things considered.

Atmosphere is pretty plain and quaint. They should definitely expand as they only have a few tables and its always busy.

• Visited September 2013