“Unbelievably good seafood”
Review of Gaido's Restaurants - CLOSED

Gaido's Restaurants
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pelican Club of Galveston is a progressive American restaurant with a focus on local farm fresh ingredients. Lead by the renowned creativity of Executive Chef Ross Warhol, Pelican Club seeks to amaze its diners with an artistic approach to new American Cuisine. Beverage Director and Lead Mixologist Pete Clifton adds to the mix a culture of prohibition era mixology at the Pelican Club Bar.
“Unbelievably good seafood”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Best seafood I've had in a while (and I just returned from Florida). Came here for my birthday lunch. Had the golden tile with almond/muniere preparation. Topped off with service that reminds me of a cruise ship dining room. I've read some of the lesser reviews and all I can say is maybe those patrons are used to the higher end chain seafood restaurants - which are tasty - but not gourmet. I'll be eating here for years.

Galveston Island, Texas
“I wasn't blown away.”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

After hundreds of visits to the island, I realized that I had never eaten at Gaidos. I heard people rave about it and had very high expectations. I wasn't blown away. I plan to visit Stingaree for crab tomorrow, so I ordered the grilled sea scallops. I started the meal with a nice cup of what was advertised on the menu as a lobster bisque, but the lobster was missing. Don't get me wrong, it was a very nice and creamy bisque, but it had small shrimp, not lobster. The sea scallops were okay, but I had better at Red Lobster (ouch). The steamed asparagus was yummy and tender crisp, but I came here for amazing seafood, not amazing asparagus. Service was excellent, I will give them that. My servers were cordial and attentive. All in all, it was good, but not the fantastic meal I expected.

• Visited August 2014
Tyler, Texas
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and i went here for my bday dinner. I was expecting great food. She ordered the snapped in an almond crust, i had the rib eye. I expected this to be the best blackened ribeye i have ever had ! I was tasteless.
My wife's snapper was overly salted and had to be returned. She then got the lobster bisque. It was also very salted. Our server. Was amazing! He took great care of us and when we told him about our issues he tried his best to fix them. I can say they have Great service!

Visited August 2014
Spring, United States
“When in Galvaston...”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was attending a conference in Galveston last week and brought my wife along with visiting Gaidos as our main diner objective. We have visited Gaidos occasionally for many years and have never been disappointed.
The Snapper with lump crab meat was great. Be sure to order the parmesan crusted tomatos with your dinner...perfect!
Justin was our waiter last week and his service was outstanding and he was very amiable as well.

• Visited August 2014
Tyler, Texas
“Great food and overall great dining experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Gaido's is a fantastic seafood restaurant with a beautiful dining room and attentive wait staff. The menu has a large selection of crab dishes, fresh fish prepared in a variety of ways and many choices for the landlubbers in your crew.

At our table, we enjoyed their signature Crab Au Gratin, the Seafood Combination Plate (grilled), the Crab special of the evening and tenderloin filet. Every dish was perfectly prepared and I wouldn't change a thing. The service was spot on, we were well cared for but never in an intrusive manner. We saved room for dessert, thankfully! We shared the Chocolate brownie cake and Chocolate Mousse. Loved our chocolate heaven!!

Prices are higher than some of the other seafood places in Galveston, but the overall experience makes it very worth the price. We save this meal as our splurge meal and feel like we got exactly what we paid for. I highly recommend Gaido's in Galveston for delicious seafood, steak and a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited July 2014