“An outstanding insight into battlefield history”

Flanders Battlefield Tours
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having met Jacques many years ago on a school visit to Ypres I thought I would use him as a guide to show my wife and I around the Ypres Salient. I am so glad I did. His knowledge is amazing and I'd recommend his company to anyone visiting the area. An amazing service. He successfully brings history to life and his passion for history shows in the way he guides you.

1  Thank James K
There are newer reviews for Flanders Battlefield Tours

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived by coach in Ypres on Tuesday 16th July 2013 and were met by Jacque our guide who spent three hours with us. I was most impressed and at times found Jaque's passion and knowledge for his subject very moving. It goes without saying without people such as Jaque the loss, heartache and destruction brought about by WW1 could so easily be forgotten.

Well Done Jacque and Thank You.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely outstanding walking tour . Informative, of the very highest quality , well informed and extremely knowledgeable Guide , if you want a battlefield tour , a moving experience an interesting and informative day you won't be disappointed . The very best , outstanding thank you and extremely grateful .

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I spent a great afternoon with Andre, a fantastic guide for Flanders Battlefield Tours. 2 other couples were on the tour with us. It was supposed to last from 1 to 5 but we started 15 minutes early, finished 30 minutes late, and all wish we had more time. Without ever feeling rushed, we covered the entire northern salient and all the many battles that took place there. It was simply fascinating. Andre's passion for the subject was exuberant and his knowledge formidable. The subject of course is incredibly sad and the loss of young lives appalling. One of the last stops, which included the actual trenches at Hill 62 and an attached museum, was especially poignant. For anyone interested in history or in understanding the human cost of war, there's no better way to spend and afternoon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Thanks Andre for a really interesting and informative tour, time has healed the landscape so a knowledgable guide is vital to understand what happened and where.
Easy pick up, air conditioned mini bus were great and the advertised 4 hours was over 4 1/2, but time flew. Highly recommended. Martin & 16 yr old James.