“Good value”

Ranked #13 of 44 Ieper (Ypres) B&B and Inns
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed one night. Very comfortable and clean room with large double bed, comfy armchair and new bathroom although shower could have been more powerful. Lots of useful tourist info in room. In a quiet area with ample parking. Just 10mins stroll to main square. £60 for room and breakfast which included bacon and eggs, cold meats, cereals, various breads and vast array of homemade jams etc, etc- more than most people could eat in one breakfast. Breakfast at large table in kitchen with five other guests - lovely atmosphere. Free wi-fi. Use of comfortable lounge for a longer stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wroughton
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Ter Vesten for 4 nights bed and breakfast whilst we toured the 1st world war battlefields. We found Magda and Mark excellent hosts and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts are superb and the B & B is well located for what we wanted to do. There were four people in our party and we will definitely return to this hotel not least because of the two hosts

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked a room for one night a month in advance of arriving on a bike trip. Four days before the agreed date - when I was already on my bike tour and not in a position to search for a replacement - I received an email from the hostess saying she is moving me to another house near the railway station (an area far from her own place, and one which had a huge and loud outdoor concert that evening, as I found out later). The house she wanted to move me to was that of her niece, who is not running a licensed B&B. No reason was given for the intended move, and no apology either. I objected by email to the sudden unilateral change in plan, and the hostess relented. But when I got there she was none too friendly, and when I requested a safe place to store my bicycle overnight as agreed, she started a loud and prolonged grumble in Flemish, pointing out that I am only staying for one night, and giving me to understand that it would be fine with her if I went elsewhere for the night.
The room, moreover, was right on the street on the ground level, with traffic going by all night -- although when making the booking she described the neighborhood as quiet.
I was quite disappointed by this place.

Room Tip: Not sure what else she has available, but the ground floor room facing the street is not great if yo...