“Very relaxing and enjoyable stay”
Review of Albion Hotel

Albion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ieper (Ypres)
North Yorkshire
“Very relaxing and enjoyable stay”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My brother and I decided to go to Belgium to learn more about world war one, I am so pleased that I chose to go to Ieper and The Albion Hotel in particular. The staff in the hotel made us both feel very welcome and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. The hotel was very clean, relaxing and spacious. I would definitely like to return and would not hesitate to stay at the Albion Hotel again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Kent
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at the Albion Hotel - very relaxing experience. Both times, we needed a family room which was accommodated very easily by the hotel staff. We were made very welcome: it was a spacious room which included a double bed and two singles (ages of children were 9 and 11). The bathroom was modern and clean - a lovely hot shower. The breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of food! As a family of four it is much more affordable to stay in a hotel this way, as normally without a family room we have to pay for two doubles. The lounge downstairs is spacious with comfy settees and English newspapers. Bottom line, as a mum always worried about behaviour of children etc, we couldn't have been made more welcome. We will return!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
surrey
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My first stay at this hotel was in the autumn of 2000.Since then I have visited many times and enjoyed my stay.Christiane and her staff have always been friendly and helpful.I rate this hotel as excellent and look forward to my next visit. Peter Bardwell.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Bewdley Worcestershire
Reviewed March 3, 2010

On arrival, we received a warm, friendly and informative welcome. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean . All members of staff were efficient, polite and friendly. The breakfast was good and the Hotel ideally located. We were particularly impressed by the library of
first World War reference books and others of general interest. This is an elegant Hotel very efficiently managed by Christiane. We shall definitely stay again when next in Ypres.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I spent 2 nights at the Albion Hotel whilst travelling through the WW1 battlefields.

I arrived, exhausted, after a computer crash at my originating airport made me several hours late. I was greeted warmly, checked in quickly and given a map and some recommendations on activities and restaurants. They even minded a park outside the hotel while I moved my car.

My room was clean and comfortable, and compared to most European hotel rooms, the bathroom was enormous. Importantly, the heating was already turned on at the very start of October.

This was possibly the nicest hotel (overall) I stayed at in my 6 weeks in Europe.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
leamington spa
Reviewed December 1, 2009

From the moment you walk into the hotel you are made very welcome, The members of staff were freindly and helpfull during our stay. The continental breakfast was first class. and the accomodation was to a very high standard.
The hotel is situated just off the main square and within 5mins walking distance to Menin Gate providing you don't stop to look at the lovely Belgium chocolate shops.
We are looking forward to our return next year.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Drove into the lovely town of Ypres and had the Albion hotel on my list but had difficulty in finding it. It didn't seem to be in the right place according the tourism map- Stumbled on it but glad we did. Wonderfully helpful owner

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple