All reviews the main square great hotel continental breakfast this family run hotel short walk car park town square private parking large bathroom cloth hall good size boiled eggs grote markt last post ceremony pastries battlefield tour side street
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

A fantastic hotel, amazing it's only a 3 star hotel. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The staff are so polite and helpful. Good continental breakfast. Location is good for local sites. Unknown to us, my wife left a pair of earrings which the hotel posted to us,great gesture.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2017

I really can't believe this establishment is listed as being only 3 Stars. After my recent stay - all I can say is that it is deserving of a much better rating.
The people who own, staff and maintain this hotel obviously place paramount importance on the comfort and welfare of their guests.
First impressions are always very important to me - and just walking down St. Jacobsstraat, observing the hotel from the outside (having just passed the Novotel) gave me a good feeling.
The Reception area is bright and welcoming - and every member of the reception staff that I dealt with were amazingly helpful and friendly; and I mean in a natural sense - rather than 'that's how we have to be towards guests'. Dorothee and Ruth were particularly helpful with local directions and recommendations etc.
The room I stayed in (single) was beautifully clean and spacious for the type. I always check the bathroom first; as a clean bathroom is often indicative of the cleanliness of an establishment as a whole. I could have eaten my dinner off the bathroom sides or floor - they were immaculate.
There is no restaurant, per-se - but the continental breakfast in the lounge was fresh and plentiful - with unlimited tea or coffee available. There was also lots of fruit available.
In conclusion, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone. The price I paid for my stay was very reasonable considering the location - which is a two minute walk from both the main square and the Menin Gate.
I would (and hopefully will) return here in a heartbeat.

Room tip: For a single - Room 208 overlooks the main street and gets plenty of natural daylight.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Excellent Hotel recently been renovated to a very high standard. Our room was a lovely mixture of old world charm and modern facilities.

Really friendly and helpful staff that really gave us a warm welcome. So nice to come somewhere where the English are so warmly welcomed.

The Hotel is within 5 minutes walk of the town centre, museums, restaurants and the Menin Gate.

Parking is currently available either in a car park outside the church or on the street outside but its restricted to 3 Hours. This didn't cause us an issue but the Hotel will shortly open a car park which will be a welcome addition.

Breakfast was superb all fresh and nicely presented.

I shall return again.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2016

Clean and warm hotel with very friendly staff. Lots of off street parking with a parking disc supplied by the hotel. Pay and Display parking also available in front and back of the Cloth Hall.
Hearty breakfast eat as much or as little as you please. We were also given a free welcome drink on arrival. The young girl on reception couldn't have been more helpful. This hotel couldn't be more central. Close to all shops and bars. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

I picked this hotel due to it's proximity to the centre of town as well as Menin Gate. Ypres isn't a huge town but I was surprised by how easy and quick it was to walk from the hotel.

The hotel itself was very well furnished, had large rooms and was always clean. The staff were incredibly helpful too.

What was also a benefit was the fact that free parking was available since we had driven.

This is a fantastic hotel and I will definitely stay again next time I see this amazing part of the world again.

Date of stay: October 2016