“Now we are talking!”
Review of Ariane hotel

Ariane hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ieper (Ypres)
Reviewed October 16, 2012

As you can see from my reviews, I spend quite some time in Ieper (Ypres) Belgium, one of my favourite places in the world. I have stayed in virtually all of the hotels in Ypres in the last 10 years or so, and they don't come any better than the Ariane. Some are a bit more convenient as the Ariane is a bit further away from the Grote Market & Cloth Hall etc,(the centre) but its worth the short walk. The breakfast is as good as you can get and if you book in advance, you can get some good deals, One real bonus is that for a posh hotel, they don't rip you off big time at the bar. A beer starts at 2.20 euros, which as reasonable looking at what others charge.
Of all of the hotels in the city, overall, considering everything, this is the best in my opinion. Free parking as well!

1  Thank Shed123
ArianeHotel, General Manager at Ariane hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest, the title of your review made me curious to read the rest of the comments! It makes us proud to read, that yourself, as an experienced hoteltraveller in Ieper and the surronding area, puts the Ariane on the top of your list! No words can describe how we appreciate this and I do hope to welcoming you here again with us soon! Best wishes, The Ariane team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here on 4 other occasions with my parents who are regulars at the hotel and as per usual our stay was fault less! It was my first time by myself and a I brought 6 other friends along with me on our way back from the nurburgring. On arriving we all felt extremely welcome and my friends commented on how friendly and inviting the front desk staff were. We were aloud to check in 3hrs before check in times say, which made our afternoon in leper more enjoyable.

After a long afternoon finding the cemetery's we headed back and put our feet up and obviously enjoyed the amazing beer that Belgium has to offer. We like a drink as a group and the bar at the Ariane has EVERYTHING that anyone needs (Kwak is a must just to drink out of the special glass)

After this I showed them the menin gate and feasted on the great food Leper has to offer, then back to the hotel for a final few Leffe's. The bar staff are extremely nice and nothing is ever to much problem for them.

So to sum up as I could go on for a long time about things, we all very much enjoyed our stay here and it will always be my hotel of choice on trips across the water :) Thankyou again to all the staff and I'm sure were be back again very soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, 4 stays in the past and hopefully much more to follow! It seems you were an excellent guide for your friends and I was pleased to read you felt welcome upon arrival! That's one of the aims we focus: making our guests feel at home with us! I'll pass this on to the rest of the team and I can't wait to welcome you, your friends or your parents here again with us soon! Best wishes, The Ariane team

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Ariane and this was our second visit to the area. As the previous reviews state this is a very good standard hotel in a brilliant location, 10 minutes walk into the centre and the Menin Gate. Staff is always attentive and nothing is too much trouble, rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bar has a comfortable area reserved for the hotel guests which is a nice touch. A special mention for the restaurant which is the best place for a special occassion, we celebrated our wedding anniversary last year and it proved a briliant choice. Wish i could say I tried everything on the menu but I am a great lover of fish and their monk fish skewers are amazing. Not a food critic but the flavours and presentation are not too far from Michelin star restaurants and being a travel agent I was lucky enough to visit a few.
Would definitely return to the Ariane next year and would keep recommending it.

Room Tip: specify whether you want a twin or a double as they do not automatically assign doubles to couples
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you for your honest opinion about the hotel and restaurant. I was pleased to read you've enjoyed the fish skewer and I must agree: an excellent choice!! I'm sure the chef will be so pleased when he reads the word Michelin star in your sentence! I know our chefs take pride in their work and they always try to achieve perfection in the dishes they present. The allocated rooms are based on how the rooms are booked online, here you can normally choose between twin or double. Should a double not be available, it's always worth mentionning this on the direct bookingform and we'll do our upmost to have this changed! Kind wishes, The Ariane team

Reviewed October 12, 2012

That was our first reaction when we pulled into the parking lot and we continued to feel that way the entire time we stayed. Can't really add too much to what has already been written. Enjoyed everything - the room, the bed, the breakfast, the outdoor terrace and the bar. We recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, WOW is what we think when reading your comments! Even though you mention you can't add much to the previous comments, we highly appreciate that you took the time to share this with the rest of the TripAdvisor readers! Thank you so much! Best wishes, The Ariane team

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went on a five night bed and breakfast at this hotel. Firstly, its very easy to find and a five minute walk to the lovely town of Ieper. The room was very nice, with comfortable beds and everything we could have wished for. Reception staff on arrival were very helpful and continued to be so during our stay. The breakfast was very good. Continental breakfast and bacon and scrambled and boiled eggs. Pastries to die for. Eat on two occasions in the evening at the hotel and again, first class in both food and service. All in all a very pleasant stay and a great base to take in all of the history of this lovely area. Will be back again next year. Thank you to all staff at the hotel. Highly recommended by me and my wife.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ArianeHotel, General Manager at Ariane hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest, I was pleased to see you've had a safe trip back after your 5-night stay here with us!
Nice to read you could start your day each time again with a breakfast you enjoyed! (especially the pastries it seems..). Ending your day with a nice meal in our restaurant where you were pleased with our service and food, is what the entire team gives a boost to keep up the good work in the future! I do hope to seeing you again next year indeed! Best regards, The Ariane team

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed here as part of an organised bespoke battlefields tour. The checkin was seamless with very helpful and polite english speaking staff.
The rooms are neat, spacious, tidy, quite. The location is handy to the centre of town and the Menin Gate is only a 10 minute way away thru the centre of the town.
The hotel is tastefully decorated by memorabilia for WW1 with some interesting items on display in the various common areas of the hotel.
We did not try the restaurant, but stopped into the bar for a late night hot chocolate and Cafe Au Lait, which hit the spot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, these are the words we like to read on TripAdvisor! Your opinion about the staff, room does mean a lot to all of us! The items of the WWI in the hotel are a collection of many years, donated by regular guests. Visiting this area as part of a bespoke Battlefield tour is sometimes the ideal way to learn more about the history of this town! There is so much history in this small part of Belgium and only those who've been here know what the WWI has done and meant to the Ypres Salient! Certainly worth a visit!! Kind wishes and thank you so much! The Ariane team!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We returned to the Ariane to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and to say that our 3 night stay was good would not be truthful !!
It Was Superb !
From arrival to departure the welcome smiles from Reception to Bar/Dining Room and the Housekeeping members of staff made our visit and Anniversary one we will always remember with Fond and Happy memories !
The Ariane helped to arrange an afternoon`s pampering for the Wife in collusion with Myself and we managed to keep it all a secret till she actually arrived at the Spa centre , called Sunset Boulevard , the wife said it was one of her best spa treatments she has ever had !
We were blessed with some good weather and the rain only fell during the night ! thats good !
To ALL the staff at the Ariane " Thank You " for making our Anniversay so special for us !
To the Owner/Management " Bravo " for having such an high calibre of people on your staff !
You All have our Respect and Admiration !
Kenneth & Elizabeth

PS:During this visit Elizabeth , due to health problems , was using both a Wheelchair and a Mobility Scooter , all areas were readily accessable and the staff were most helpful with seating and access arrangments throughout our stay ! Again , " Well Done "

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ArianeHotel, General Manager at Ariane hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Sir and Madam, it was an honour to have you celebrating your 40th Wedding Anniversay here with us in the Ariane! There's nothing much I can say just now...just THANK YOU for all these nice words! For us, the main thing is that this Wedding Anniversary was a unforgettable experience for the both of you! Can hardly wait and hope to seeing you again! Warmest wishes, The Ariane team