A very high quality hotel, located in the heart of the city - a fair walk from the railway station, but easy enough to find. The hotel is a standard Novotel, with large above-basic rooms and some very cavernous suites, plus plenty of business-oriented features such as meeting rooms.
The reception and bar area is friendly and warm. The meals in the FourSquare restaurant are a bit of a disappointment - expensive, lacking vegetarian option and quite likely to be unavailable at any given moment. Didn't enjoy being charged an extra 5 euro for *not* having ham in a ham and cheese baguette there - quite a cheek! Fortunately, there are dozens of great restaurants within 2 minutes walk in the Grote Markt.
The staff are young, very friendly and multi-lingual and the bar is well stocked with a large choice of reasonably priced Belgian beers. You can spend a happy evening just trying different types very profitably.
Housekeeping can be a bit inefficient, trying to wake you despite a 'do not disturb' sign by ringing you from the next room at an early hour (and then hanging up when you answer) and we've had to call down for toilet paper before now - a bit of a basic thing for them not to remember!
The biggest issue here is that the hotel is often full of visiting British school parties. This is not Accor's fault, but such children are almost always ill-behaved and noisy. It's worth requesting a quiet room - if you don't, you can be put in the middle of them and the Belgian staff, unused to unruly children (Belgian children are amazingly well behaved), are powerless to do anything, since the teachers side with the children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Ieper Centrum is a 3 star hotel in the heart of the city centre. The medieval Cloth Hall and its belfry, the In Flanders Fields Museum and the famous Menin Gate are within walking distance. The hotel has 122 spacious air conditioned rooms, Gourmet Bar with terrace and 7 conference rooms for all your meetings and seminars. This hotel is equally suited to a business trip or a holiday in Ypres with your partner or family. Guests also enjoy the convenience of a private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel Ieper Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ieper Centrum Hotel Ieper (Ypres)
- Novotel Hotel Ypres
- Novotel Hotel Ieper Centrum
- Novotel Ypres
- Ypres Novotel