All reviews rice pudding free mini bar pottery room private terrace atelier room homemade bread double bath honesty bar small hotel dressing gowns her attention quirky decor local produce pate the ground floor wonderful hotel nothing is too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. The rooms are done to a high standard and although it is traditional in some aspects the room is also very modern in other ways. The bathrooms were very good. But what struck us most was the hospitality. A welcome drink on arrival and a great overview of Ypres. The breakfast was also amazing. Very high standard as it is included in the room price.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2016

This is a really very special place, full of character and charm, but also really comfortable and relaxing: if I could, I would transport it with me every time I visited a new city. The owner, Carine, was a fantastic host, warm, knowledgable and couldn't have been more helpful.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2016

I am a little late in writing this review but I am glad to read that the more recent guests have given the same rating as ours. The main point about the hotel is really the owner, She is one of the folk who is quite rare in that she is efficient yet kind, knowledgeable and considerate.We stayed in the "science" room, which was the only room available on the one night we stayed there. We would have been there longer but on subsequent nights it was full. I felt comfortable tin this room, having spent a lot of time wearing a white laboratory coat and teaching science. Not much more can be said because the large number of positive reviews, say it all.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Reading the reviews of other people I don't think I can say anything here that hasn't been said already.

It really is as charming and lovely as described. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and have already done so to many of my friends since our return.

One night just wasn't enough as I could have gone through all the home cooked breakfast dishes on offer.
I recommend the spinach and egg crumble by the way!

Thank you Carine for the warm welcome and your sense of fun.
I was very sad to leave but it was the perfect end to a month long road trip around Europe.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 964elainet
Reviewed July 26, 2016

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel, as it is fantastic. Everything from the decor of the rooms to the breakfast is very quirky, along with the lovely host Carine.
I'd recommend it to anyone that likes something a bit different.

Date of stay: June 2016