“Fantastic restaurant, will definitely go back.”
Review of De Ruyffelaer

De Ruyffelaer
Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Wow what a find. Cosy restaurant, excellent food, first class service, easily accommodated six people and they served good beer to top it all off.

Smoked salmon with gingerbread starter was a revelation as was the Ruyffelgrog.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 27, 2018

We spent a week in Ypres and ate out every day. This was recommended by the owner of our B&B.
It was full of old charm and the owners were very welcoming.
I had the beef stew cooked in red wine and wife had the spaghetti. Both meals cooked to perfection.
A lovely evening to round off a great week.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank jheesom
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

A lovely looking restaurant inside and out and the couple serve such delicious tradional Flemish food.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Party of seven booked a table for Saturday evening.

Everything was excellent: food, drinks and authentic atmosphere.

Reasonable value for money.

Will return!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018

Pretty small restaurant, slightly outsied the centre of Ieper. I would not have noticed it but for the Tripadvisor reviews. Glad the I did. I hate to use the phrase 'home cooking' but that's what we got or rather fantasy home cooking; I could never produce such quality in my home. we both had slow cooked dishes which had clearly been on the go for several hours and they were exquisite. The mashed potatoes impressed me immensely and I am Irish. We only managed one course and had Irish coffee instead of dessert which went down well.
The menu is quite small and they only seem to be open at weekends. We went on Sunday evening and a few things had run out but there was enough left to satisfy.I distrust restaurants that offer huge numbers of dishes.
I think it is a two man band; the patron out front and his partner/ better half in the kitchen. Mr Ruyffelaer was polite and couteous and made us feel welcome.
Oh, and the house beer is excellent

Date of visit: May 2018