“Taste of Belgium”
Review of De Ruyffelaer

De Ruyffelaer
Ranked #11 of 124 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Taste of Belgium”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Again we booked ahead - the restaurant is not large so it is worth doing this. We sampled the set "winter menu" and the "Valentine's Menu" - I had the boar pâté and then the venison winter stew whilst my husband had foie gras followed by a pigs cheek casserole - both the mains were warming but not overly hearty and the portion size just right.

Visited February 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
“Great People”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Unfortunately, I did not get to eat at De Ruyffelaer. Not paying enough attention to their web site, in particular what days they are open, I requested a reservation by email for a Tuesday night (they are only open Fri.-Sun.). When they attempted to respond to my email, for some reason it did not get to me. When they realized this, instead of saying "oh well", they took the time to telephone me in the U.S. to give be the bad news. A lot of business are no so consumer friendly.

I was really looking forward to eating at De Ruyffelaer. My disappointment is even greater now that I know how much they care about their customers. Thank you De Ruyffelaer!!!

P.S. I had to fill in all the fields ("Were you her for . . . " and "When did you visit?") even though I wasn't really there.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank HeadofSpreesUS
Witham, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Based on reviews I are booked table by email. Excellent restaurant very attentive service and yes to be called "my lady"! The starters very nice.... As were main courses Flemish stew and mash potato rather than frites was a welcome. Wine by carafe. Waiter/owner left us alone until we wanted coffee and we sat by fire which was so cozy.......3 hours later we left. Would return without question.

Ashford, United Kingdom
“beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

loved this place the minute we walked in,characterful and atmospheric.beautiful fireplaces. the food was lovely,but oversalted a little for our taste. would certainly go back if only to be called 'my lady' again !!

Visited November 2013
UK
“Fabulous Flemish restaurant!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

What a superb little restaurant this is - ambience is fabulous, décor superb, service 100% and food also very nice.
Grandma's kitchen all in all to be recommended
Would we come back if in Ypre {Ieper} again? for sure!

Visited November 2013