“Delicious”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I've been here several times and the meals are always delicious and groomed to perfection. There is no 'one plate' I can recommend you, I recommend you all of them. Thank you Funky Food.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank fla188673

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent stroganoff, nice but distracted service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I was told by a friend that I had to have the Beef Stroganoff at Funky Foods before I left Kortryjk and I'm glad I listened. It was a little pricey and a bit pretentious (especially with the presentation) but delicious. I liked the design elements in the tables, flatware & plates, and candles.

After I moved half of the mountain of yummy thin fries piled on top, I uncovered a delicious, creamy, tender stroganoff. I also enjoyed the other components of my meal (salad that was beautiful and included a number if flavors & local beer).

I think the restaurant was unexpectedly busy on the evening I visited. I sat in the back area on my own accord, but was somewhat forgotten when the front room filled up. That said, the service was very friendly and attentive when the server was actually with me. I will visit here again when I am in the area.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Altchar
Hasselt, Belgium
“Cool place to have dinner!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a very cool restaurant for having dinner. The interiour is very much adapted to the evening-atmosphere and everything is different. For any drink you order there is a different glass. And the housewines are from a level that is a bit strange, normally you have a decent housewine to begin with, but these wines are quality.
I went here for the third time and the last two times everything went fluently, without hesitation. Everything is fresh made (no pre-prepared parts in cases of sauce or anything).

They only work with 3 people in the kitchen, so it's a kind of a miracle to prepare and make dishes like here. When people order starters, a main course and desert, this will definitely cause time problems, especially when everybody arrives at the same time (like last time...).
I can imagine this makes it difficult for the kitchen, when people make reservations or arrive at one specific time.

The dishes themselves are superfresh and taste good! The chef knows how to prepare and finish a dish. The last dish I orderded was a salade with roasted lamb. The meat was right on par and the salade itself was fresh and it looked like a summerpainting. The two previous times i orded beef and i got it just as i ordered it: saignant, juicy and tender, wich seems to be hard to do lately comparing it with other restaurants...

This restaurant will definitly see me again soon.
The prices are surprisingly average, when u see what u get.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank PrincesofPersia
Kortrijk, Belgium
“If you enjoy eating good food then this is the right place in Kortrijk”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have lived here for 6 months already and I think this is the best among the 20 odd restaurants I have tried. It is a bit expensive compared to the average restaurants but its very good.

They don't have a very big menu but whatever they have in the menu are their specialty I can say. Everything they make are just great.

I tried Pasta-Nero and it was just too good. All my friends were also very happy about the food and drinks.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank travellinga1000miles
Kortrijk, Belgium
“Too expensive, average service, nice loungy restaurant tho'”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Restaurant looks nice but the food's more than average for the price you pay...

I ordered the teppanyaki salmon which looked like a chopped up lasagna and actually tasted like a... chopped up lasagna, enough to feed a family of 4 too... moreover the salmon was not fresh and completely dried out.

With an average mains price of €25 I could not appreciate the waitress wearing flipflops.
Come on guys, who are you kidding?

Visited May 2011