“Young dynamic resto”
Review of Bistro Bottarga

Bistro Bottarga
Ranked #55 of 375 Restaurants in Ostend
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gistel, Belgium
“Young dynamic resto”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are a loyal client to this restaurant in the last 3 years. A modern, loungy interior and a fusion cuisine with also excellent local dishes. The "Tomaat Garnaal" is just excellent with a massive amount of superfresh shrimps. Also try the steak tartare if you dare. And the staff is friendly with a perfect service. Not to forget the view with a spectacular complimentary sunset.

• Visited October 2012

Bromley, United Kingdom
“Good quality food, great views”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nice atmosphere in Bistro Bottarga, and a varied menu. 8 of us ate here, and all enjoyed our meals. They were happy to accommodate younger kids, and the service was friendly. Lovely location looking out at the sea.

Visited July 2012
Aalst, Belgium
“Try it!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Very nice restaurant on the promenade.. very good food, quick service and with a smile (and we were a party of 25 people). Good atmosphere as well and cosy interior.

Views of course splendid as you are looking out on the beach!

• Visited May 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Liked it better last year”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had tried this restaurant last year and loved it, so I made sure to go again yesterday. The food was really delicious and I may have written the place up.
The restaurant is still nice and trendy, but the food was a bit of a disappointment. My risotto was overcooked to the point of being mushy, the batter on the crispy pleurottes was thick and dry, and although I don't like my scallops overdone, these were totally raw.
The chocolate sauce on the dame blanche was thin and watery. The wine was good.
I had boasted to my partner that I was taking him to a great place but I ended up with egg on my face, so I am slightly miffed. ^^
The terrace is fully covered at night and heaters turned on, which is great when it's a bit chilly. What is not so great is the only opening that's left is the size of a wide door. The terrace ends up being like an indoor smoking restaurant. Cigarette on the right, cigar on the left, not so nice.

• Visited May 2012
Gent
“trendy restaurant @ the sea front”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Good food and I had an excellent steak tartare, prepared at the table. My friends had oriental food and they were happy too.

Visited November 2011