“It is ok but nothing special”
Review of El Mariachi

El Mariachi
Ranked #127 of 383 Restaurants in Ostend
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Livorno, Italy
“It is ok but nothing special”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I really liked the mixed grill (padelada something) with potatoes and salad, definitely didn't like the mexican appetizers, and I've been in other mexicans before.

Visited January 2013

Antwerp, Belgium
“Very long wait”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

All positive feelings I could have about this place were torpedoed by the longest wait ever. Two hours after entering I still didn't have a main course in sight. I asked if there was a problem in the kitchen, but got a snide remark that the place was quite busy in case I hadn't noticed. Evidently they overbook or under-staff. So all I can say is don't go there on a Saturday evening if you have other plans later on.

When we finally got our food it was not worth the wait. Not too bad, but I have experienced a lot of better Mexican places.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tony D
brugge
“Nice service and nice food”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I dont get tired to recommend this place to friends, the food is delicious, the patron is very friendly and the girl with black curly hair is totally nice and she has always a smile on her face...when u are there u feel at home ...u gotta visit it

• Visited October 2011
Lier, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible service and watch your bill!”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This restaurant was a horrible experience. The food was not bad, but the portions were small compared to other guests that were eating in the restaurant. My husband had a first course, I had a taste of it as well, it was good but nothing sensational. Lucky that I had a nibble of his first course, because I had to wait 2 FULL hours before we got our main course, while the rest of the restaurant that came in after us was already served. They appologised, but they didn't offer anything else. The main course was tasty, but I didn't had any problem to finish my plate. We also had to wait ages to get our bill, when we finally got it, we saw the bill was wrong. They counted too much for my plate. We had to wait ages to get the menu to verify the bill. And when we made the bill for our self, no one was there to accept the payment, so we just left without a tip.

Tourists, watch your bill and ask the menu if you are not sure. I will never come back to this restaurant!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Marieke29
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Mexican heaven....”
Reviewed September 1, 2008

This small but cosy restaurant offers an excellent choice in ambient surroundings; everyone is busy enjoying the Mexican specialities or fish.....And the wine's not bad either!

2 Thank dougall71