1,175 results
All reviewsevening mealtram stopcoach tripset menufree bottle of winesalad bardining room for dinnerlast minute decisionplenty of storagefree safegrumpy barmannice hotelmodern roomsbaconsea frontno air conbeans
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a shearings 5 day break .Hotel was ok great for the trams , beach .
Food very averege breakfast was a buffet evening meal a different story first night you could help yourselves but there was only meat that was it .
Next 3 evenings you got waited on which drag on and on it was so slow , dont know if the kitchen had any trays they didnt use to bring food out it was two at a time .
There was no menu you was just given what was on the plate , which i didnt think was right it was suppose to be steak on one night which i dont eat my husband couldn't even get the knife to cut it he gave up .
Plates that are served to you are so small so if you are a big eater you will be hungary .
The lounge area is very small and entertainment was non existent we waited and waited one evening to watch and listen to someone and gave up .
It would be nice if there was more seating especially in the reception area .
I dont know why shearings use this hotel as the hotel don't seem to cope when there are 3 coach loads staying .
And look at your food you serve

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beeshamill
Reviewed April 29, 2018

nice room very good bar the menus are very good and ask for freddy! thr beds are very good, douche is very good, toilet is oke so we recommend the hotel and we recommend a formule when you stau there for three days with an arrengement with half inclusive service

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2018

We stayed here for three days it was comfortable clean near to Ostend close to the beach we chose what we wanted for dinner in the morning at breakfast good buffet breakfast. tram stop very close into Ostend .We didnt find the staff rude I needed extra pillows they were supplied quickly no problem the dining room staff catered for my diet plus my husbands dislike of fish gave us both alternatives no problem.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank maureen s
Reviewed April 27, 2018

We have just returned from Ostend staying at Hotel Astrid. Hotel was lovely and so was the food. We had really nice big room. Bit of a squash in the dining room for dinner, which some people moaned about, but it was ok not the end of the world, the hotel was very busy and staff worked very hard. Our Shearings driver, Steve, absolutely brilliant, so informative, he was full of information about every place we went to. Such a thoughtful and courteous man and very kind to all his passengers. He deserves a medal as some people I noticed can be quite difficult! Ypres trip was amazing very moving. Altogether a brilliant holiday.

Room Tip: 104 is a nice side room. Lovely comfy bed.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gwyneth L
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We were staying there for a weekend. First of all, it’s my first experience with the hotel rooms without carpets...Really?!
Bed.. we were supposed to have one double bed, instead ended up with two separate ones, which we put together but they kept moving away making a whole in the middle )))
Hairs and dirty floor in the shower.
On the top of that there was that beautician in the spa. I took 1 hour facial, 30 min of which she was away, probably eating smth, because she came back with a food smell from her breath. I had a make up on my eyes, she didn’t removed it, instead she put a mask just on the top of it (hysterical). She washed her hands after she finished with my face not before!!!!
My husband had 1 hour of back massage, he said it was “normal” and he is not even 1% as demanding as me.
P. S. Can’t complain about the location: 5 min from the sea, 10 min from the center.
Spa is quite big, better to go between 6-8.30 pm, otherwise it’s sooo crowded.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple