“Great food, quality service”
Review of Van Eyck

Van Eyck
Ranked #27 of 448 Restaurants in Ostend
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

I visited the bistro next to the restaurant with my family. When arrived, we asked to arrange a table for 5 in the small terrace outside and they did it immediately even if there was not a lot of room. The person who served us was lovely and very friendly. The food was excellent and at very fair price: I can highly recommend the shrimps croquettes, the boullabaisse and the fish cassoulet. They were also lovely with my baby: heat her food at perfect temperature and arrange a space for me to change her. We will definitely go back in our next visit to Ostende.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

A very cosy restaurent with excellent food. We ve visited this place several times already and were never disappointed. Wether you go for fish or meat always an excellent place to go to.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Locals know this place well on it's old location, where it was a hidden secret in a narrow street near the formal cinema.

Now they are on a much more touristic location at the dockside. But still they serve honest good food for, one must say, very reasonable prices. The entrecôte I ate was perfectly grilled as ordered and tasted great. The tomato with North Sea shrimps from my table companion was terrific and fresh.

So really good food, not too expensive. But not 4 or 5 points here. Because the staff is a real disappointment. There was a lady and a man serving the customer. The man was correct but nothing more, just doing what he had to do.

And then there was a lady from whom I was surprised she didn't kill herself right on the spot. That much she looked bored and apathetic, making the whole atmosphere just unpleasant. And we where not the only customers that noticed it.

Running a restaurant is more than just serving good food, it's also about service and hospitality. A professional knows this, even during a bad day. This lady surely not, ruining the place with her attitude and body language. A shame, despite the good food I will never return for that reason.

But my compliments for the kitchen staff.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 30, 2017

Nice fish restaurant, fresh oysters, if you like , i don't like, i prefer all sort of other fish,
as a good sole, excellent; good ambiance; this restaurant is to recommend.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed February 17, 2017

We had a 27 euro lunch that was composed of 5 course and it was really well presented and tasty. Definitely the best ratio quality / price you can find in Oostende and more over it is well situated near the sea.

Date of visit: February 2017