See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Very ok, excellent location, very friendly staff, very clean and very warm, public parking very close by, breakfast was very good for a continental but we’ve had much better, most things were in working order but a good coat of TLC would’ve helped. The bed, well, we slept well, but it was two single beds with a double mattress and bizarrely two lots of single bedding! Gappy! That said we’d go again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017

The hotel is located in the central part of the city, in a quiet square, which is a bonus. The room was well decorated, very clean, and the bed linen was good quality. The price is very reasonable. The breakfast is very good. Entrance to the rooms late at night is through the red door to the left of the property - not an issue - but useful to know.

Room tip: not sure, I stayed at the back - no problems.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2017

If you want to stay in a nice and clean Hotel with a nice decorated Brasserie. The prices are democratic for the rooms and the breakfast buffet is enormously diversified in fresh products. Different kind of cheese, Delikatessen, fruits, viennoiseries, wonderful. You can even have breakfast à Volonté in this Hotel even if you don't sleep there! Wonderful idea.
The Hotel gives on the Groentemarkt close to the seaside and so quiet outside at night. So you will sleep like an angel at the seaside paradise....
I recommend this place. Enjoy your stay!! :-)

Room tip: Price quality worth it for the weekend
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Having booked months in advance through the internet, I called the hotel the day before travel as I was still waiting to hear whether they would provide gluten free breakfast. The answer was that although they had received our booking they were in the dark as to any special requests. I was told that there was a shop very closeby that sold all that would be necessary but that it was best that I brought the food items I wanted to have. We also discussed the fact that my husband would have to catch the 7am train each morning and I was told breakfast could only be served from 7am at the very earliest but a box could be provided.

On checking in I mentioned my unhappiness at having to bring my own food. This is the very first time this has happened to me in any hotel. I was told on the one hand that it was only the second time ever they got such a request, on the other that doing this for anyone and everyone that asked for a special diet would be too much as the breakfast gave a giant choice already.

I looked forward to this giant breakfast, and much say I had to laugh. There was indeed a range of different breads, a small selection of meats and cheeses, one breakfast cereal, some fruit, juices and yoghurt, drinks and it must be said the option of a delicious omelet.

The breakfast box, we had to keep asking for, was eventually delivered. It contained two cheese and ham sandwiches on white bread. My husband prefers dark bread and other meat. There were a couple of pastries, and a bottle of Fanta (?!) without opener.

From day two the service became friendlier, and the box put together to my husband's taste.

Only having booked a standard room, we did get booked into a luxury one. I asked specifcally if this was the case, as we had a jacuzzi bathtub, and it was the only room with a Juliette balcony, which we enjoyed. Obviously this was a kind gesture we appreciated. However, tea and coffee facilities was lacking, as was a table and chair. The remote control for the television needed new batteries, the bathwater left a great big brown rim around the edge which was only cleaned out after two nights, and the smell coming from the jacuzzi when switched on was unbearable. The bedside lamp was hanging off the wall, and the sheets were too small to cover the whole mattress. There was free wifi, but it only worked on and off, and the sockets were very difficult to reach behind and under the bedside tables.

Despite its closeness to the sea, good location in general, and ample parking, we would hesitate in recommending this place to anyone. The care of the owners and staff clearly goes out much more to the bistro part than to the hotel, which is a great shame.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is through the door at the side of the bistro, ring the door bell!!
The room was a good size with a balcony, the bathroom was pretty much brand new with a lovely big bath and shower.
The breakfast was great with freshly squeezed orange juice, lots of fresh fruit, juices, cheeses, meats, pastries, it really excellent, one if the best we have had in a long time!
The only negative I could say if I was being picky, we asked for a double room and we got 2 singles pushed together with 2 singles quilts on.
But we really enjoyed our stay!!

Date of stay: May 2017