“Nice pub!”

Ranked #120 of 734 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Cosy place with a quaint garden and does a great hot chocolate! We found it by accident and were very glad that we did.

There are newer reviews for De Stoepa

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've been going here for quite a while always loved the food never had anything to complain about. Until I went for dinner last sunday having to wait for over an hour for your dinner, to realise as I was eating that there was a dead wasp in my salad. This questions te hygiene and weather the fruits or vegetables were sufficiently cleaned .. never the less this is a mistake no food establishment can make. Wasps can be life-threatening. This said I am not setting foot in there again. The best part is that I was offered something else, the lack of confidence I said no. And still had to pay for my food. Shameful.
Disgusted and outraged.

2  Thank Vi A
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I was there to eat lunch,first,i came to the bar to ask the menu list & the bartender staff didn't say something like if we have to queque & sat down at the bar first.That's why we we went to the restaurant's backyard & sit down in there for more than 10 mins.Then we r moved to inside the restaurant cuz it's rainy & no staff to asked something to us.But after we r sat down in upstair of the restaurant,one of the staff said to me if we r need to queque first & that table already reserved by the couple who r sit down on the bar.Then we have to move again to the bar & she only said we have to be patient after i said no staff came to our table at outside( she's said if she has to serve the quess inside & the other waiter serve the customer at outside,& didn't believe if we r already wait at the backyard for more than 15 mins,even we r came before the couples who sat down on the bar & they can get the table then).Is that my fault if i said i didn't know abt to queque first ,& that couple came after us but they've got the table cuz the staff told to them already?Then we just get out of the restaurant cuz we didn't have the appetite anymore ,after they treat us like this.Unbelievable!I'd not come to this restaurant anymore!!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The front and the entrance to the outdoor area don't give much away. Inside the garden is well laid out and there are sheltered heated areas. Inside is cosy and inviting. The food is tasty and varied and good value. Can't really comment on the service as the nights I have visited it's been rammed and the staff have been hard worked but helpful nevertheless. Near the train station and minnewater lake.

1  Thank rangerovermike
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We ate here after spending the day in Bruge on our back to the train station.
My husband and I ate curries, 1 chicken and the other tofu. Both were tasty and portion size.was good.
My parents ate croque hawian and croque bolognaise, they enjoyed their meals.
The place itself was pleasant with a sunny terrace and nice interior. It was extremely busy but the staff were friendly and helpful, couldn't get a table outside but inside was lovely enough with a nice buzzing atmosphere.
Despite being busy the waiter took time to explain the menu and help with drinks. We didn't feel rushed.
We couldn't fault the service, food, wine or beers. Value for money and would definitely eat here again.