“Warm and cosy valentine's dinner”
Review of De Stove

De Stove
Ranked #12 of 709 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Warm and cosy valentine's dinner”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had our Valentines dinner at De Stove. The restaurant is small but cosy. We had the set menu which was lovely. The owners are very welcoming.
Not a starred Michelin restaurant but well worth the try.

• Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
“Warm friendly service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a reservation here on our first night in Bruges. I had really been looking forward to trying this restaurant, and although I wasn't feeling great as we got ready to go out, I decided I would be fine and we would go anyway. We took the set menu for the table with wine, but after the first course and 1/2 a glass of wine, I knew I should have stayed at home. The first course was a lovely red pepper soup with scallops. I ate about half of it. The second course came, lobster with a leek sauce and vegetables paired with a really nice Chardonay - not too sweet, with a dry finish - I had to have at least a sip to try it. Usually I will never say no to lobster, but I could get this course down. The owner of the restaurant, and our server, noticed I wasn't feeling well and asked if she should still bring the next course for me, a duck served with potatoes dauphinoise and vegetables. I'm glad she asked because I didn't want them to think it was their food! My partner thoroughly enjoyed the duck (it looked and smelled great!) and the desert of chocolate and raspberry mousse (which I had to have a bite of). I'm so disappointed I wasn't able to eat my portions!

The restaurant was nice enough to reduce our bill since I wasn't able to continue. I hope that I'll be able to come back and truly enjoy the experience of this restaurant. I think I would order off the menu directly instead of the fixed menu; there were some nice choices and I overhead people around us talking about how wonderful their plates were.

• Visited February 2013
“great way to start our brugge holiday”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

As previously stated this restaurant is small and hidden away, but when you find it and if yiu can get one of the 8 tables, your in for a treat! This family run business is amazing they are so proffessional and you definitely feel like your dining at a michelin restaurant.

Between 4 of us we ordered the rib eye steak, lamb and fish, all cooked to perfection and lived up to its reputation. We definitely recommend this little gem to anyone visiting Brugge, but be aware you need to book in advance (sometimes even 2 weeks in advance)

Hereford UK
“A real treat”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were worried it may be a little "touristy" as it is in most of the guide books, in fact it felt very special. the food was interesting with flemish specialities and beautifully cooked and presented. definately somewhere to have a special meal

Visited December 2012
Surrey
“Wonderful dinner on Christmas Day”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We booked by 'phone two weeks in advance for dinner at 7pm on 25th December and we found the booking process to be very efficient - overseen by the the couple who run the restaurant who speak excellent English. It's a very intimate and very tastefully decorated restaurant located in a side street - it is a little like eating in someone's lounge; we counted 16 diners over the period of time we were there. There was quiet, background music playing - it is definitely not the place for a big,noisy celebration.

There was a set menu which we chose from: the pâté de fois gras was sublime, we followed on with sea bass and ribeye of Irish beef which were perfectly cooked and presented. We finished with a cremeux mango dessert. We ordered a bottle of cotes du Rhone (€26) and finished with coffee and liqueurs. It was a very relaxed and enjoyable evening, wonderful food, fab service, romantic ambience in a small and cosy restaurant. The bill was €145.