“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of De Stove

De Stove
Ranked #12 of 713 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This lovely little restaurant is well worth a visit. Our meal was beautifully served and delicious. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The restaurant was not full on the evening we ate there; service might be a bit slower on a busy evening but the food is worth a wait.

• Visited August 2012

• Polish first
“Nice friendly family run restaurant”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice meal with nice wines and friendly service. We chose the set meal with wines. All the food was lovely and the chosen wines partnered the food well. Portion size was just right and wine was topped up if you wanted it, and possibly if you didn't!
Would go there again and recommend it to others.

Ipstones, United Kingdom
“Brilliant restaurant”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We attended this restaurant on the night of my Wife's 50th Birthday, and chose the set menu with wine.
Each dish was beautifully presented, high quality and delicious. Each time food was brought, the owner explained in detail what the course was, what drink was with it and why they matched. Each time our glass was empty, it was filled up, all inclusive. At the end, my Wife's dessert was delivered with a candle, the lights were turned low and the entire restaurant sang happy birthday.
A magical evening.

Visited January 2012
London
“Great food, slightly odd service”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I hate having to mark this restaurant down as I really enjoyed my meal and I knew before we visited that this was a husband and wife team. However, whilst the food was fantastic, I can't help feel that if they did have even a single member of staff helping out front of house, that the overall experience would be very much improved.

The whole ethos of De Stove is that it is a Husband and Wife team with the Husband as chef and the Wife as just about everything else.

The room is very nice, clean and well decorated, with the Stove itself being right next to the table we were seated at.

The greeting was very friendly and our drinks arrived quickly. I cannot fault the quality of the food and wine- it was fantastic.

The problems arrived as the restaurant filled up- twenty or so covers is just too much for one person to deal with. We were left for 15 minutes or so with no-one in attendance, whilst we could hear the dishwasher being loaded in the kitchen!

Overall I have to say that I judge De Stove on the extremely high standard of food, and when in attendance the service is also very good... Just please get someone else to help out!

Visited June 2012
Brazil
“Romantic dinner”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The restaurant is quite small and all the tables were full, but we were lucky to get one without reservation. It is a great place for a romantic dinner, with a cozy atmosphere and charming decoration.
Food was excellent, Belgian-French inspired. I have to commend the chef for managing to cook the duck almost well done without losing its flavor or texture (I know it's odd, but I cannot eat undercooked meat now).
Even with a very small team (husband/wife) they managed to provide very good and timely service. As they are probably the owners, we felt that they know what they are doing and were trying to keep a certain level of excellence in every detail.

• Visited July 2012