“Wonderfull people and best kitchen!”
Review of Den Gouden Karpel

Den Gouden Karpel
Ranked #111 of 734 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We did appreciate the food and service! They did wonderfull job!
Place incide is rather small, but fresh and tasty food makes all the best! It's worth to go there again and again!

1  Thank Pod G
There are newer reviews for Den Gouden Karpel

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am slightly adrift on this review as we went to the fishbar by the fishmarket (Vismarkt ) not the restaurant. It was a great lunch in the fish shop-very smartly done . We had a thick tasty tomato soup followed by steamed cod on a bed of julienne vegetables with a sauce and coffee for 13.50 euros each a good meal and just right for lunch.
Most the tourist restaurants seem to charge the same as each other and I originally wanted a Moules & Frites but most were asking around 2o euros for this which is silly.I paid 12.50 euros in Antibes France last week for the same including a beer.

1  Thank paulpsails
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I thought the meal was very good indeed, my wife thought it was one of her favourite ever. Service was perfect, the seafood was generally top notch. My only slight disappointment was in the quality of the lobster meat - I like it to be softer. But the presentation, the taste, everything else was incredible. Great wine choice with the white Sancerre too.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank carefactornil
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This place is in a little square ringed by restaurants that all kind of blend into each other. Unlike the others, which are going for the "old world Bruges" feel, this place is more sleek and modern yet comfortable. The menu is heavy on seafood, but more creative than most seafood restaurants we saw in Belgium. Everything was prepared perfectly and absolutely delicious!

1  Thank slsnyc
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The food (turbot and skate) was delicious and beautifully presented. We got a good wine recommendation from server. I'm not sure if it was an oversight, but we were not offered or served bread with our meal; other tables had bread, but they may have ordered it.

1  Thank ChicagoRan