“Wonderful informal dining”

Dining options: Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful informal dining”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This small restaurant by the canal has a pleasant intimate ambience, excellent service & most importantly, wonderful food. We visited on a Saturday evening in October (when they only serve their menu option at 63 Euros but were informed that alternatives are available if required) and enjoyed cooking of the highest order. There are just 2 people involved - Olivier is the chef and Ann efficiently does everything else - who provide some the finest tastes we have ever experienced. This is really great cooking. We could eat here often!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank mike b

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Wow, this restaurant is spectacular!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This restaurant is amazing!!! I diner there with my partner and we were both thrilled with the service (thank you Ann ) and also with the quality of food and presentation of same. The restaurant is quite intimate and relaxing with no air of stiffness. I'd be very surprised if this restaurant hasn't received a Michelin Star by this time next year!

Visited August 2012
“Best food ever”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Best food ever! A bit expensive, but totally worth it! Service was great.

Bruges, Belgium
“Chez amazing....”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We visited this restaurant due to a recommendation in the Eurostar magazine. Well we were not disappointed! A charming restaurant, in a beautiful location and well appointed to central Bruge. The simple set menu was the best of traditional French cuisine. Every dish was beautifully presented and the wines chosen to match were exquisite. This is certainly one of the best meals we had eaten in a very long. It's worth visiting Bruge just to eat in this restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Quality”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Although my wife and myself have been visiting Bruges on and off for the past 14 years, we only tried this restaurant for the first time last year. Having done
so we had to return this year. It is a small intimate restaurant with friendly,
unobtrusive service.
Last year I had the best steak I have ever eaten, so it had to be the same again. My wife also decided to have one too,and both were excellent. It is no-fuss presentation with a smattering of simple vegetables and sauce.
I had started with Carpaccio de St Jacques - melt in the mouth stuff - delicious. My spouse decided to pass on a starter. For dessert both of us went for the creme brulee and it was simple (not even a sprig of mint) yet delicious.
There is a limited menu, which might not suit some, and it may seem pricey for what you get, but you can't deny the quality of it all. We'll be back!

• Visited March 2012