“Terrific breakfast joint!”

Ranked #18 of 50 Dessert in Bruges
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I love Cafe Au Lait and always make it a must stop whenever I'm in Brugge. Their waffles are to die for and their pancakes make any high tea an incredible affair. My personal favourite though is to keep things simple and go for a lovely inter continental breakfast on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It comes with lots of breads, pastes, cheeses and you can always add eggs. Top it up with an espresso and your day in the beautiful city of Brugge is all set to go!

The lovely old school bright design of the place reminds me of the now dwindling Mayfair brunch and tea houses with a lovely Belgian twist.

Really affordable too! Recommended!

1  Thank KayDude

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was our second visit to Cafe au Lait. It is just a perfect, out of the way, local little cafe. After spending some time in Belgium (April 2012) without trying a waffle, I knew I had to try one before leaving. Oh my gosh, just walked into this lovely little restaurant and ordered one. Absolutely unbelievable! Presentation was lovely - waffle was light and perfect. They use yeast! I ordered the waffle topped with fresh strawberries. And they were FRESH. No sugar needed. There was a small container of fresh whipped cream accompanying the dish. Flavor was perfect - not overwhelming, but just perfect. So one year later, April 2013, we returned and made a special stop to have another waffle at Cafe au Lait. It was even better than I remembered. Please do come here when you are in Brugges - you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This place was recommended for their waffles. They were so light and crisp. We have never tasted such ethereal waffles.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were passing by this place and decided to go in just because we were really hungry. We ordered Meny of the day for less than 13€, which included soup (or coffee) and a main dish. Food was fresh and tasty. We noticed that people around were ordering deserts like waffles and creeps, which looked tempting. Add to it lovely decor and good service.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a nice little cafe. It has a few tables in a back courtyard too and you should choose one of these if it's sunny out! The pancakes are very good, the waffles are just average!

1  Thank Mugsgameinlondon