“Great restuarant”

Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Found this restaurant as we were driving into Bruges city centre. Fantastic restaurant, great food and reasonable vale. Strongly recommend you try this one if your over for the weekend. Need to book on Friday / Saturday nights

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We honestly cannot fault this restaurant for ambience or service.

On a Friday evening at 7:45 we were seated in the downstairs part of the restaurant with a choice of tables. Appetizers were promptly served - tasty bread, butter and pate - followed by drinks orders being taken and promptly served.

We were offered ½ litre of house chardonnay and at €20 it was fine. We also ordered a bottle of still mineral water which was charged at €7.50 even though it turned out to be filtered tap water bottled by the restaurant - cheeky.

We thought that the starters were rather expensive as they cost almost as much as mains, so we skipped these.

For main I had Fillet Mignon cooked medium. Whilst all the accompaniments were fine, the actual meat was tough.

The steak was more like rump - hard on the outside and chewy on the inside, despite being pink. Every mouthful was a disappointment, especially at the price.

For main, my wife had Pheasant. Again, nice accompaniments, but the meat was tough and stringy and most of it was inedible.

We queried this with the waiter and he said that this was because it was a "wild bird that runs a bit quicker so it has more muscles". Tosh - it was probably cooked too quickly.

Because of the high price coupled with the disappointing food, we wouldn't risk going back, but hopefully this was a "one off" and others may find it better.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Nice place, lovely terrase in a posh, secluded area. I must say, to the restaurant's credit, that it tends to be full of locals and not tourists (which in Bruges is a blessing).

That being said, the main courses are overpriced, and the starters are certainly not worth the money. I remember paying 16 euro for just 2 cheese croquettes...

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This restaurant is the place to be when visiting Bruges. Cosy interior, food is great, staff is very nice. Best is to make a reservation beforehand if you want to make sure there are free tables left (even on a weekday). Only minor point is that wine per bottle is expensive (32€ for the cheapest bottle - if you drink it by glass (5,50€) you can save some money. Food is not cheap but I think this is typical for restaurants in the centre of Bruges where a lot of tourists go.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have visited Bruges several times, & this restaurant should be in the top ten! Of Bruges , although maybe I should keep quiet , so that I get a table every time I visit.

It's a fantastic building, the food is beautiful & they have some excellent wines & of course the beers!
Yes it's not super cheap but I would say to go there for your best night out if you are staying a couple days, the service was good & they were busy.

Really is worth a visit if you can find it!