“Decent food. Rude service.”
Review of Breydel De Coninc

Breydel De Coninc
Ranked #144 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The food was decent. Not something I would write home about, but it wasn't tourist trap fare. Most memorable thing though was the rude waitress. It took longer to decide for us than usual because my wife was pregnant so were deciding on what might be most healthy.. so when the waitress came to take our order and we said we needed another minute, she rolled her eyes and gave an exasperated look even though this was only the first time she came by. Then later when some Asian people came in and the front door was left open, the waitress spent some time making disparaging comments about Japanese to the other guests. Won't be coming back here.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you love lobster or mussels, this is the place! This restaurant was recommended by a local and was right on the money. It was very reasonably priced for the fantastic feed of smoked salmon entree, lobster with garlic butter sauce for main and coffee or dessert. The staff are incredibly efficient and friendly and the quality of the food was fabulous. Add it to your list. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

their mussels are delicious & this restaurant charged every single things on the table
restaurants' originality mussels on stainless steel sauce pot

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a lunch and a dinner there on the same day. I, my wife and my sons. The waitress was very friendly and nice and funny. Nice ambience. Very fresh seafood and very reasonably priced. Do not be afraid that the area is taken by tourists. It does not impact the food or pricing. My only small comment is that I would improve wine list but maybe it is just me.

1  Thank Pawel D
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Let me put this review in perspective. My wife and I spent a month in France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, eating all meals out. We are foodies and had some amazing meals, including a sensational dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Lyon. But in all of that, the two single greatest main courses that I had were the ones I ordered the two nights we visited this fish restaurant: bouillabaisse (the best I have ever had) and baked mussels in garlic sauce. It was sheer ecstasy. Both nights we also had the ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert, which might sound ordinary, except that the chocolate sauce, served on the side, was superior Belgian dark chocolate, again the best I have ever had in an ice cream dessert. Even though it currently gets four stars in TA, this also won our award for most underrated restaurant. Don't miss it.