“Best. Hare. Ever.”

Ranked #39 of 761 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Not your normal review title, but this was no ordinary dish. From the tender meat to the rich sauce and perfect vegetables, it battled it out with their signature coq au vin (which was also outstanding- moist, full of root vegetables and slivers of pork belly)- but it won. We had a wonderful dinner, and our waiter was both happily willing to help me out with my food allergy restrictions, as well as my nonexistent Dutch and abominable French (there is no English menu).
The only thing I could fault, if I really had to look hard, was that for some things (like the pate) the price seemed a little high- but having said that, we had a great dinner with great service, and a check totally in line with the quality of food served and service received.
Like many places in Bruges, reserve ahead. Highly, highly recommended. Good work guys!

1  Thank cm28

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The service was top-level Michelin star standard. Modern but not pretentious, attentive but not overbearing, and the atmosphere was buzzy and relaxed. The space itself was very 'cool' too and had a lot of nicely designed features.

The food was stunningly presented, seasonal, rich, fresh, and delicious. I found myself doing Greg Wallace impressions in my head! Beautifully prepared vegetables, and sauces, with loads of free bread and a delicious homemade a ham butter to accompany it - I had to restrain myself to prevent getting too full up! Also, for a restaurant of this standard the portions were generous. Fitting for a 30th birthday treat - around £50 a head, not cheap but well worth it.

I had emailed the restaurant beforehand to book, and asked if they could light a birthday candle for dessert, which they did. They replied quickly to my emails too - always nice. Thanks Bjorn!

In the words of Gordon Ramsay: Go!

1  Thank david d
Reviewed December 12, 2013

If you are lookking for a lively bistro, with excellent food and service. Go here. Offers very good value for the standard of food. We chose the all-in menu with wines included, and was not disappointed.
No english menu, but they will translate. Easy to find, just 10 minutes from the Market Square.

1  Thank ChrisSouthampton
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Top-notch food and drink with friendly and attentive service. Food was superb, more gourmet-oriented than I expected, and at a very reasobale price.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Myself and six friends ate here on Saturday evening. The service was very good. The menu provided choice for the non meat eaters in the group.
All enjoyed their selection, the food was beautifully presented and beautifully cooked.