“Best steak!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 702 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: French, Belgian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Went to Park for my birthday with my partner and we were both really impressed. We arrived early and sat in the garden out the back and were given a smoked salmon and cream cheese appetiser, which we had not actually ordered, but we were not charged for, so that was a tasty surprise. Excellent start! We then went indoors and the table was decorated with rose petals. Very romantic. I had never tried scallops before, so when I saw they were on the menu I had to try them. Delicious. I could see how they could very easily become chewy, but these were melt in the mouth. For mains we both had steak, both medium rare and it was perfect. There was plenty of food there, so we were both full, but we had to find room for dessert. I had the creme brulee, which they brought over with a blowtorch to make it in front of me. My partner got the chocolate cake, which he said was the best dessert he had ever had. All the waiters spoke perfect English and we were made to feel very welcome. The price was slightly more expensive than your average restaurant, but you get what you pay for here.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab relaxing evening of indulgence love it, can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Firstly I don't write reviews, we like finding the hidden gems and discovering new places for ourselves. Having said that we had three days in Bruges to celebrate our birthdays and wedding anniversary so I didn't want to take a chance of trying to find somewhere to eat on a Friday evening, so took to TA for a heads up - and I am so glad we did.

We arrived ten minutes late, and proffered our apologies, out Battlefields Tour returned later than expected. We were welcomed and made to feel at home immediately. We both like our food, and I enjoy cooking, but can't bear fussy pretentious food, where the chef is trying to reinvent the wheel, and portion size is suitable for a toddler!

We were treated to kir Royale on arrival, smoked salmon blini, scallop gratin, cream of carrot soup, hubby had cod loin, I had steak, followed by nougat ice cream with raspberry coulis for hubby and a grand marner soufflé for me. All very honest, tasty food

We both like a drink, and appreciated that the wine choice had been made for us and matched with our food, all choices tasted delicious to us.
Service was impeccable, our waiter was welcoming and knowledgeable and we enjoyed a chat, we could be unusual in being from the UK and actually enjoying chatting to people. Sadly I can't recall his name, but we hope you enjoy your travels to the UK in a camper van, and enjoy Oxford.

Mr Brugeman, took the time and effort to introduce himself and explain about the restaurant, his brother is the chef, again it was nice to chat and feel that we were actually welcomed rather than doing the staff a favour, we live in Oxford and find quite often going out to eat can become a rather tedious affair, because we have interrupted the staff during their chatting - maybe we just pick the wrong places but Oxford eateries could learn a great deal from Mr Brugeman and his staff and the service and experience they offer.

The entire evening was a joy, nothing was too much trouble, we were not rushed and were looked after very well, glasses were refilled on a regular basis, and even when I said no thank you, our waiter came back again a little while later to ensure I had not changed my mind.

All in all, this was the highlight of our trip to Bruges, we saved the best until last, and our now putting aside our eating out money in Oxford to put towards our next trip to Bruges, where we will definitely be booking to return to the Park restaurant.

Ultimately a great experience, one which we hope to repeat very soon.
Thank you Mr Brugeman and staff.
Rachel & Declan 8 Aug 14

1 Thank OxfordUmbrella
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
“Wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Went to the Park restaurant for A anniversary celebration meal .food was excellent wine was excellent service was excellent and you feel like you have been there many times before with a very friendly atmosphere The longest we have ever taken to eat a meal approximately three and half hours I have highly recommended the park to all my friends and family and think We will be returning again in the future

London, United Kingdom
“Still Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Visited Park to celebrate my birthday with my wife and our best friends. My wife and I had visited Park the last time we visited Bruges and we were worried that it wouldn't live up to the high praise we gave the restaurant after visiting. We need not have worried!

The service really makes the meal and starts as soon as you get through the door. Axel & his staff make you feel so welcome and special. Our very young and very charming waiter - Getois (apologies about the spelling) served us brilliantly all evening topping up our wines before we got too low.
We all had the all inclusive with matched wines and everything we had was superb! We had either pate, crispy mushroom tart or prawn cocktail to start & all were lovely. For the mains, three had the lovely beef and one enjoyed the baby dover sole. We all enjoyed the nougat ice cream dessert.
Everything is prepared and presented beautifully. Its not Michelin star fancy but good classic cooking, attentive, interested service in a classic setting.
Axel and his team work really hard to get everything right and they always seem to.
We will certainly return to Park any time we are in Bruges and our friends enjoyed it as much as us.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PetersDReviews
Essex
“A lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

We looked at several options for dinner in Brugge and booked this on the Trip Advisor rating of the best place to eat in Brugge. The restaurant still exceeded our expectations.
Excellent service, a beautiful venue and lovely food. Perfect! The €40 menu would be our recommendation. Well worth a visit.