“Truly The Highlight Of Our Culinary Adventures!”
Review of Park Restaurant

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 757 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Family owned since 1989. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music. Menu formula´s only. ( No " à la carte") Booking advised through restaurants´website. Bon appetit !
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Park Restaurant had been on our wish list, so when my man & I had a very special anniversary to celebrate, we booked the all-in online menu (75 Euro). Admittedly, as a lover of good food, my expectations were high...

But I quickly sensed we had chosen very well. Literally from arrival to end (during our 4 ½ hour visit), we felt welcome & utterly spoiled thanks to the impeccable service (from all), classy & romantic surroundings, great company & fresh outstanding food.

After a kirr royal & a glass of champagne, I got started with a delicious cold lobster (a surplus of 10 euro) served with home made mayonnaise & fresh salad. For my man the spinach & mushroom tart. He loved it (I had a taste, he wasn't lying). The 2nd course, a creamy carrot soup, was a treat & perfectly seasoned. But the main dish was truly the highlight: a perfect beef filet, baked just to our liking. In my man's words: The best beef he ever had. The pairing wines were excellent and poured generously by our attentive waiter Getoar. At this point, there was only little room left for dessert: nougat ice-cream for him & ice-soufflé for me. Refreshingly delicious & served with sweet strawberries in a raspberry sauce. Hats off to the chef!

Happy & full, we skipped tea/coffee & asked for the bill, but before we could make our goodbyes Axel (the owner) dropped by our table again & we got talking life and photography. My husband being a photographer, Axel showed us a photo book of his NY travels and we were impressed by his photography. We got offered a drink on the house and when asked for a whisky, we received a tasty Glenfiddich & chatted some more. We were impressed by his personable approach & the level of commitment to all his guests & the friendliness and professionalism of him & his team.

Truly the highlight of our culinary adventures so far and very worthy of its #1 rating! Thanks to everyone at Park Restaurant for such incredible personable service. Especially our two waiters Anil (we shared beautiful stories about India) & Getoar (very attentive and friendly) and off course Axel for making our visit memorable and turning a special night our into a very personal experience!

Katie.

3  Thank Food L
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Mrs Katie,

Thank you very much for your extremely detailed review of your visit.

A restaurant is more than about food alone, hence we strive to give every customer a special experience when in Bruges.

Foodwise, but also from a social point of view.
Not every one is "open" to this approach, nevertheless, we try...

Your review and positive comments will be shared with all of the personnel.

Thanking you once again and " au revoir..."

Axel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,341)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I had the pleasure to spend an evening at Park Restaurant with my wife recently for the first time, it was simply a sheer delight from start to finish.

I can say from the outset that I went in with high expectations. Having a lifetime ago served in catering for 9 years from fun/dream jobs to executive service, I had a pretty good feeling of what such a highly-rated restaurant should provide. On that level I found Park absolutely flawless, true (and friendly!) professionals from service to food to ambiance to overall quality & care.

More importantly, I felt 150% comfortable and satisfied as a guest/diner, and when I looked around at others I clearly saw the same from fellow patrons (remembering that it was once my living to look out for the signs). The food was magnificent in the truest form of the word (we had the quite-reasonable internet “all in” menu and were 'upgraded' to lobster for a nice price), with Axel & his staff were clearly dedicated to making sure that both we and all his guests were given a space to enjoy and relax in.

The most important thing I learned from catering is to take care in what you offer, and take care of the people you offer it to. If you want to see that in action and eat suburb food while you do, simply get to the Park!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

What an amazing experience! I booked this restaurant in the hope that it had a nice environment and decent food and a good selection of wine as I wanted to take my partner here for his birthday. We were the first to arrive to this stunning restaurant not far from our hotel at all. The feel of the restaurant was very imitate and luxurious. We were greeted by friendly happy staff that served us in the most polite and intuitive manner. We ordered from the internet promotion menu and the food I must say was stunning Axel (restaurant manager) introduced himself on arrival and paired the wines with our meals perfectly. Both me and my partner have travel abroad more than 5 times a year and have eaten in Michelin restaurant, I must say this experience has been by far the best we have ever received and will definitely be returning for more. We were the last to leave the restaurant and spent more than 4.5hrs there we did not feel rushed at all lovely environment to sit and enjoy and take it all in. I would like to thank all the staff at the Park Restaurant for such a incredible service and especially Axel for taking the time to make our experience personal. See you all again soon. To those of you reading this you would be crazy to miss out on visiting the restaurant.

Dear Holly 272,

Thank you very much for your perfect review and your candid pictures...

As you know, this particular wine of 1990 was the last one of its sort in the cellar,
But rest assured, a whole lot more similar wines are waiting to be decanted and discovered...

it was a real pleasure serving you !

Axel

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We regularly visit The Park. Restaurant from Kent but this time we took our friends from Virginia. We had a wonderful meal as usual and our friends just loved the atmosphere of this beautiful restaurant. Axel and Frederick and their team made us all so welcome and we spent four hours eating excellent food and drinking fine wine.

Our friends are now back home in USA and have emailed to say it was one of the highlights of their trip.

1  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had an excellent meal in this lovely restaurant. We went on a Friday where everyone has to have the E40 set meal, 4 courses, and everything we ate was delicious. The staff were very attentive and it was a really special evening. Tip - we had the table by the window in the salon which was lovely.

1  Thank Sarah352