“Stunning restaurant, gorgeous food but watch out for supplement prices.”
Review of Park Restaurant

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 710 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: French, Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
coventry
“Stunning restaurant, gorgeous food but watch out for supplement prices.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband booked us into this restaurant for an anniversary meal having read the reviews on trip advisor.
We had a fabulous night - it's a beautiful venue with great food and service.
The only downside is the supplement on some of the meal options - we both ended up ordering dishes with supplements on both starters and main courses which made it a lot pricier. Of 4 main courses, 2 had a 5e supplement. Surely if running a reduced menu, it should be created to fit the 40 euro price.
It did take the initial shine off but the food more than made up for it, as did the gorgeous surroundings.
We would still highly recommend this for a special occasion.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Coventry Lisa,

Thank you very much for your fine review of our restaurant and food.

Let me just explain about these supplements ( of 5 euro ).

These supplements, are a reflection of the price of the raw product.
Foie gras is more expensive than mushroom for example.
Cod is twice the price of Salmon.

This supplements are indicated and totally justified.

Contrary to what you might think, these products can not be fitted in a 4 course menu of 40 euro.

Consider this : some restaurants of the same category will charge up to 32 euro for ONE dish.
The 40 euro menu, with or without supplements, remains excellent value.

Furthermore, we offer an internet promotion of 74,90 euro, in the which everything is included.
Everything means : the 4 course menu, aperitif , wines, mineral water, coffee, AND, all supplements.

Please accept my dearest regards

Axel

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service and food”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was a special occasion for my girlfriends 30th birthday. Having read the reviews I thought this would be the perfect venue to celebrate, we were not let down. We were made very welcome by Axel and his team and through chatting with them decided that the set menu deal with wine pairing would be our best option. The champagne and wine was free flowing and the food was of a very high standard for all four courses. At the end of the evening Axel came to our table and sang happy birthday which was a great end to the evening. Park restaurant serves high quality food and has a lovely atmosphere, if we return to Brugge (which I'm sure we will) we will be heading to Park for dinner.

1 Thank Andrew S
Wigan
“Trusted Tripadvisor”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Booked a table at this restaurant due to Tripadvisor and a friends recommendation.
It is a beautiful restaurant and the service is very good. I find the mark of an exceptional restaurant
is being special without being pretentious. The park I found to be a little prententious although borh meals (my wife and I) were very good. I had the steak and it was excellent. One negative was the cheese fritters to start, the were dreadful, avoid them!

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Lives up to the hype”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant last night with great expectations from previous reviews, my wife and I were not disappointed, totally agree with earlier reviews, the venue, the service and the food were truly great. Many thanks to everyone at the Parkrestaurant for a memorable evening. I highly recommend you try this restaurant.

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service and meal”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was a wonderful restaurant which had come highly recommended by a close friend. I took my wife there for her birthday and it turned out to be a really treat.
The food was outstanding as was the wine but it was the superb service that we really noticed. The room and surroundings were also great.
We live in the UK and wish we could get meals of this quality in the UK for this price. I would certainly recommend the wine with each course option.
I would recommend this restaurant without any problems.