“Highlight Of Our Trip!!!”
Review of Park Restaurant

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 749 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Family owned since 1989. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music. Menu formula´s only. ( No " à la carte") Booking advised through restaurants´website. Bon appetit !
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Probably the best meal we have ever had, and one of the finest dining experiences!! We had already read some incredible reviews of this place so we had expected a high quality of food and service; we were not disappointed in the least, Park Restaurant surpassed all of our expectations and then some!

My partner had the Goose Liver Pate to start with and Selection of North Sea Fish for main; I had the Scallops in a white wine sauce and the Dover Sole (which they kindle took off of the bone for me) - I love Dover Sole and have it almost everywhere I go yet the one I had here is the best i've every eaten!! For dessert we both had the Crepe Suzette's which again were nothing less than perfection!!!

As for the staff - faultless!! The moment we walked in we were greeted by a joke from the waitress and throughout the evening the staff were friendly, funny and attentive! At the end of our evening we had the pleasure of speaking with Axel who is an extremely lovely gentleman, wonderful to talk to and told us of a few bars and places to check out during the rest of our trip. Genuinely lovely man who along with the entire experience at Park Restaurant made our trip incredible.

Would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone looking to go to Bruges, it will certainly be the main focus of our return!!

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Zoe T

I have read your wonderful review and I have enjoyed the many pictures that you added.
I hope that the pictures which we took together came out great !

Please forward my best regards to your charming partner.

All the best from Bruges,

Axel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,314)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went to Park Restaurant on 7th Feb for my boyfriend's birthday. I'd given the restaurant the heads-up in advance and they'd given us a gorgeous table strewn with rose petals in the tea room part of the restaurant.

From start to finish, dining at Park Restaurant was a wonderful experience. The birthday boy and I left with a warm, fuzzy feeling. We had the fixed four course menu, and the €25 wine menu (matched to your food), and it was completely sublime. Great value, too. Axel, the owner, is a warm and funny host so be sure to say hi.

A magical evening - we didn't want it to end.

1  Thank Essexgirlinterrupted
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We ate here to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, and it was faultless.

Right from the start when we were welcomed and taken to our rose-petal strewn table, it hit all the right spots.

The food (we paid for a matching drinks menu which was very well worth it) was first-class and the service fun, quick and attentive, including a stop-off chat from the owner.

It deserves completely its first class rating.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal here. Very attentive staff. We had a 4 course special with a good choice.The quality and quantity of the food was first class. Slightly off the tourist area but worth the 10 minute walk. Well done Park Restaurant.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked this online before i saw its number one rating as i thought it looked beautiful in the pictures. I can certainly see why it has its high rating.I requested a romantic table for two ,and when we arrived they had scattered rose petals all over the table and we had the best table in the restaurant.
The staff were friendly and helpful and attentive.
The menu was exciting and every course was a delight on the taste buds.
I would highly recommend this place if you want a romantic meal ,with high standard food and not a stuffy atmosphere.