“Almost an excellent experience.”
Review of Park Restaurant

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 723 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
Edinburgh
“Almost an excellent experience.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This restaurant is lovely. The food was very nice but on a Saturday night you can only have the 40 euro set menu. We knew this in advance and were happy with this but the menu is a bit restricted with no vegetarian option. Also 2 out of the 4 options in the main course section had a supplement. We asked for tap water as well as two bottles of wine and were told it was 'not polite' in Belgium to drink tap water!!! 2 bottles of water cost us an extra 8 euros which wasn't the end of the world but we left feeling we had been slightly ripped off. Also be aware that the main part of the restaurant is in a beautiful room but the overspill were sitting in the entrance hall.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Jenny Edinburgh

Thank you very much for your visit and fine review of our restaurant.

Regarding the water, it is correct that we do NOT serve tapwater.

Not that it is impolite to ask, it is just a thing which is “not done” in Belgium ( I know it is normal in your country, here in Belgium it is not, at least not in this kind of an establishment )

I do not think that asking 7,50 euro for a bottle of ( non-supermarket ) mineral water can be labelled as rip-off.
I believe that it is standard procedure all over the world, that this order will be added to your bill.

( between you and me, I pay 9 euro ( nine ) for a big bottle of SanPellegrino water in my local Italian, just outside of Bruges where almost only locals go.
This Italian serves wonderful food on paper placemats with paper napkins.
I do not feel ripped off to pay 9 euro for my water, on top of my bottle of wine, I find it normal )

So please don´t let the fair price of a bottle or two, of mineral water, compromise a wonderful evening.

This being said, let me thank you once again, for your visit and your fine rating !

All the best from Bruges

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Special Occasion Venue”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked this restaurant for a special anniversary based on the reviews posted on Trip Advisor. We made our visit on a Friday evening and tried the 40Euro menu - excellent food and plenty of choice! Little disappointed as seated in doorway but everything else was perfect. Staff very attentive but discreet. Would recommend.

Visited October 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went there to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend and the service provided by our waiter was excellent. We had the four course set menu and opted for the drinks package (definitely worth doing), the pairing of the wine with the food was great. It was also a great surprise when Axel brought out my birthday cake. We would definitely go there again and highly recommend this restaurant for its food, its atmosphere and service.

Monish & Satinder

shropshire
“Loved coming back here”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love this place - I'm a returning customer and will be returning again.

The food is delicious, the service is professional, friendly and memorable and the wine is very reasonably priced.

I've written a more detailed review from my previous visit and it is all still applicable.

Nice to see you again Axel, will see you next year hopefully!

1 Thank restaurantlover19
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Quite nice”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

On arrival we were warmly greeted and shown to our table, very impressed with the atmosphere in this lovely little restaurant, the decor was lovely and they seemed to have got the lighting just perfect. For starters some of us had scallops gratin with potato, which was nothing that special. For my main I had cod which was lovely, perfectly cooked and presented. We finished with ice cream with fruit and some opted for the soufflé (which turned out to be soufflé ice cream not the real thing!). The service was great and the head waiter was very attentive.
For atmosphere and service 10/10 & 9/10 for food a little less at 7/10 as it did feel a little 'mass produced'.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your visit and review.
It pleases me to hear that you rated our service as excellent, for this is an important part of a restaurant visit.

Regarding the Cheese Gratin with Scallops ( no potatoes in the preparation however ) , this is a Flemish classic, adored by many for its´ smooth and cheesy filling. I am sorry to hear you found this nothing special.
The ICE soufflé Grand Marnier, is an Icecream dessert, as it´s description clearly suggests.
In my opinion as good, if not better ( and lighter ) than the " real thing ".

Please rest assured that nothing is "mass production" in this house of tradition.
All dishes are prepared daily by the Chef ( my brother ) who spends hours in the kitchen to make sure that every customer leaves as a happy person ...well, almost every customer ;-)

Please accept my best regards

Axel