“An elegant restaurant with good food and friendly, professional service”
Review of Park Restaurant

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 756 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Family owned since 1989. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music. Menu formula´s only. ( No " à la carte") Booking advised through restaurants´website. Bon appetit !
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate here last Sunday having booked in advance which was just as well as it was full.
It is an elegant restaurant in an old house. Beautiful dining rooms with high ceilings, chintzy curtains and dining chairs with matching upholstery. There was a large party of English folk "of a certain age" celebrating something, which the restaurant were concerned we would find disruptive but they certainly weren't and seemed to behave impeccably !
At weekends they only serve their standard 40 Euro menu for 4 courses. There was a comprehensive choice of 4 starters, Soup of the day, 4 main courses and deserts. The food was delicious, well presented and larger portions than we needed. I had a mushroom and spinach tart in filo pastry and Jen had Coquille St Jacques (which the waiter was correctly keen to point out was more about the cheese sauce than the scallop, which although we knew, I felt was a thoughtful touch). Both were delicious. The soup was a slightly odd mixture of carrot and tomato but was tasty. We both followed with Salmon in a green herb sauce and finished sharing a dessert described as Iced Grand Marnier Soufle but was really a sort of creamy mousse. Not unpleasant but not great. If I'd had more room I would have had something else. Service throughout was very good. It was friendly, attentive and professional. I've hovered between giving this 4 or 5 stars and decided on 4 because although the food was very good it wasn't quite as memorable as it needs to be for 5 stars but we would definitely eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,339)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited on a Saturday evening after reading past reviews. We were served the 40e menu and also had the drinks package.

The staff were incredibly friendly and efficient. The food was perfect, delicious and beautifully presented. Lovely champagne and wines too especially the Chardonnay. The atmosphere was really relaxing and comfortable.

Our evening felt very special and we left knowing that we will return again.

Thank you to everyone.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Bluetwo47,

It is always a pleasure and an honour for us, to receive good reviews from Top Contributors like you.
For since you have a wide experience in hotels- and restaurant visits, it comes double appreciated.

Thank you for sharing, and all the best from Bruges !

Axel

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I ate in four restaurants during my long weekend in Bruges and this was the best. Four courses, an excellent wine list and equally excellent service all contributed to a convivial evening. I can see why this is the number one restaurant on tripadvisor. I thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I work for a major airline and have ate all over the world , that said this was one of the best dining experiences i have had !! .The service ; excellent , the courses were delivered seemlessly with panache , nothing was too much trouble ,the food; tasty with good flavour combinations and portions of a good size ; the wines; we opted for the wine package (20 euro i think ) different wines for each course or you could stick to a wine of choice and lastly the setting ; beautiful , we were placed in a salon with a beautiful fireplace , chandelier cream and beige decor with mellow lighting and candles, oh and value? Absoloutely !! 4 courses for 40 euros ; a bargain !! .I hope you enjoy it !!!

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Anthony B,

Thank you very much for your visit, your review and your enthusiasm !

It was a real pleasure having you with us.

Thank you also for pointing out that our 40 euro menu is a bargain.
Nothing I can say myself, as a manager,of course, but which I gladly hear from someone else...

So, all the best for you and your partner !

Best regards from Bruges,

Axel

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Off the beaten track, this is a great find! I had booked a table here before arriving in Bruges and so glad we did. We opted for the taster menu at 40 Euros each, excellent value for money, probably best not to eat anything beforehand as the portions are quite big. Great evening, great service, great food. Topped off my trip to Bruges.