“Faultless; You can see why they're the number one rated restaurant in Bruges”
Review of Park Restaurant

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 716 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
shropshire
“Faultless; You can see why they're the number one rated restaurant in Bruges”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We popped in to try our luck for a table on Friday as I assumed the restaurant would be fully booked but thought it would still be worth a try. Luckily, they had had a cancellation and we were booked in at 7.30.

From the moment we walked in until we left the restaurant did not make one sole mistake - something I don't think I've ever experienced before!

In order of importance to myself:

service: 10/10 - perfect, attentive without being remotely intrusive. My wine glass was never empty and the servers were incredibly polite and friendly.
Food: 10/10 - I could see this restaurant gaining a Michelin star in the next year. Beef fillet was the best I'd ever tasted.
atmosphere: 10/10 classy and elegant without being stuffy or pretentious.
Value: £130 for two gourmet four course dinners, wine for two, champagne apertif. Very good value, other places of this quality (and less) are £180+

I only usually tip if the service or food is exceptional (I hate 12.5% compulsory service charges and avoid restaurants that use them like the plague).

It didnt cross my mind not to tip at this restaurant and to go and give them a first class review at my earliest opportunity. Thankyou very much Axel and co, we will be back in summer.

3 Thank restaurantlover19
Dear Restaurantlover 19,

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

Some people question me about the fact that I respond to every review.
I reply to them that I see it as an elementary form of respect towards my customers.

If they take the time to write an indepth review, as you have just done, it is only normal that I thank the client for that.

After all, we owe our ranking to people like you.
Thank you for that.

I am happy to read that we ticked all your boxes. I will gladly pass your comments on to our Staff.

Please accept my best regards

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“My Wife's Birthday”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We recieved a very warm welcome and were looked after from the start to the end of our meal.
We went for the set menu and both thought the 25 euro wine plan, was a very good idea, as we tried wines that we probably wouldn't have ordered. Everything was explained to us from start to finish by our waitress Lisa who was very helpful and friendly. We weren't rushed with our meal and so had plenty of time to enjoy the lovely food. So would happily recomend this restaurant to anybody. Thank you to all at Park restaurant.

2 Thank Ian714
Dear Ian,

A great thank you for your visit and your fine review of our restaurant.
I will pass on your comments to Lisa who will be all to happy to hear about it.

When in Bruges, please come again !

Best regards

aberdeen, scotland
“Fine dining hospitality at its best”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were thoroughly entertained and well looked after by our host Axel and his staff. The 40 euro menu combined with the 25 euro wine plan gave us all a high quality interesting dining experience: in very elegant surroundings, and around a well dressed table.
We thought the total bill of 400 euros (for 5), including postprandial drinks, was excellent value.
Thank you.
The Sharp group 12 March 2013 - 7:30pm 'till 12.

2 Thank ebrietwo
Dear Ebrietwo,

I fondly remember your cheerful " Boys night out in Bruges" for people of respectable age.

It was a real treat for us, serving you and your 4 friends. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the wines we serve in the winepackage. They are good value indeed.
A tasty Malt whisy in a Crystal glass,in our bar with open fire, was the perfect way to round up the night.

I sincerely hope you found your way back to the hotel.

Please accept my best regards

Well, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our evening at Park Restuarant was a superb birthday treat for my daughter's 30th. All the staff were charming and made us feel very welcome from the moment we entered the beautiful restuarant. They didn't hurry us and the special 'wines option' meant that we got to taste some really lovely wines which complemented our choice of food perfectly and ones we had not tried before.

Dear 707Julie MB,

Thank you very much for having choosen the Parkrestaurant as the venue for your daughters 30th Birthday.

I have very fond memories of you and your cheerful party.

The wine package is the best value one can find when it comes to aperitif, wine and coffee.
For since fine dining automatically comes with fine wines, I can not enough recommend it heartily to anyone visiting the restaurant.

Best regards

Axel
“Fabulous food and the perfect setting”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited on March 2nd and this was our second visit to Park Restaurant after visiting Bruges exactly two years ago and there was no way we could visit the city without returning to the restaurant again. The standard was clearly just as exemplary as it was then and the decor unchanged just as i had hoped as it really is a wonderful setting.
I had the scallops in mornay sauce which was amazing followed by an equally outstanding cod fillet dish. My partner had the beef which was also fantastic. I'd highly recommend the wine selection which perfectly complimented each dish. The service is attentive but not intrusive and friendly and knowledgable.
If you're visiting Bruges there really is no reason for not booking a table here and sampling some of the best food the city has to offer. We can't wait to go back and cannot recommend Park Restaurant highly enough.
Thanks again to the Manager Axel and his team who make you feel most welcome and clearly delight in seeing their customers leave happy. You arrive as diners and leave as friends.

Paul and Joanne

2 Thank PaulandJoanneH
Dear Paul and Joanne H,

As mentionned earlier, we are always happy to welcome clients back to the restaurant. It is a sign of appreciation that ultimately can lead to tighter bonds.

"You arrive as diners and leave as friends."

I could not have said it better !

Thank you.