“Personal service was second to none”
Review of Park Restaurant

Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 716 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A classy and relaxed restaurant in a classic 19th-century house, facing the beautiful Koningin Astrid Park. Old fashioned Belgian cuisine - light jazzy background music.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Personal service was second to none”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I took the advice of all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor and booked a table for 2 to celebrate my husband's birthday in early October 2012. The Park Restaurant certainly lived up to expectations. A warm welcoming atmosphere in elegant, yet not stuffy surroundings with excellent food, realistically priced. We found the 4 courses for 40 Euro menu to be great value, though opted not to go with the wine tasting options. The manager overheard my husband saying he wished he hadn't ordered the scallops au gratin, and promptly brought over a replacement course without even asking! The whole evening's service was impeccable with the manager apologising for not being able to chat for longer. My pudding was gorgeous - nougat ice cream with berries - delicious. We ended our evening with drinks and coffee on the house in a cosy 1940's themed bar. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Bruges. A must!

2 Thank SophieVP207
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear SophieVP207, Thank you very much for your glowing restaurantreview. I always want to treat our customers , the way that I would like to be treated myself in a restaurant. If for some reason the dish that one has choosen is not what that person thought it would be, he can always inform me about that. Whenever possible, an alternative will be offered, free of charge. I read you had a great evening with us, mission accomplished ! Best regards, Axel

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Elegant, Delicious, a wee bit pretentious........but good!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Park restaurant as you might guess is situated across from a charming park complete with swans, statues and huge old trees. The entrance doors are huge black double doors with brass handles.......you get the picture.
We arrived at 8:00, and a lovely young lady wanted to seat us at a table right by the door. After a gentle protest we were seated further inside the restaurant. There is a beautiful bar and a relatively small eating area on the Main floor. I assume that up the two or three stairs, there are additional tables but they were fully occupied by a banquet.
The menu is excellent and there is a full bar so the ompulsory Scotch was available along with a good selection of wines. Service was impeccable.
The dinners included five beef variations, a lamb and a chicken dish along with five varieties of fish. My steak was done perfectly although "medium" in Holland/Belgium is like rare in Canada. Be aware of that. I had a pate appetizer that was nothing short of delicious.
Once the waiter overcame our initial request for a better table, he warmed up considerably and the service was excellent.
At another table a couple were having a very loud and offensive conversation in a European language. At one point our waiter spoke to them, presented them with a bill and in moments they were gone. Very well handled.
This is a first class, elegant restaurant. Excellent dinner for two was 142 Euros plus gratuity. A terrific evening.

1 Thank George B
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear George B, Thank you very much for visit last Tuesday. I had a good time serving and chatting to you at the same time! People come here to have a relaxing and intimate dinner indeed. That is why I will always intervene at once if some other customers do not know how to behave in a restaurant. Shouting in a restaurant is a No-No, which has to be handled with at once. It is a risk I take, because those people are the first ones who will write a bad review about the restaurant, just because they were asked to dress properly or to behave.Then again, it is a risk I gladly take, in order to assure all of my customers a fine and relaxing experience ! Best regards from Bruges, Axel
Dublin, Ireland
“The Highlight of My Trip To Bruges”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Was in Bruges the 1st weeked in Sept. Was in the Irish Bar call Boru and I asked there for a good recomadation for a restaurant. They told me about Park and thankfully I listen to them. To start I had the Scallops with the Cheese Gratin, there were just divine & for mains I had Fillet of Beef done in a traditional Belgium way. I can't remember what desert I had but I can remember how delicious it was. The staff go above and beyond expectitions of service to make sure you enjoy your experience here. The next time I'm back in Bruges this will be my 1st port of call, I highly recomend if your reading this that you do the same.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mazzyward
axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Mazzyward, I am very flattered by your praising review, especially when it comes from a beautiful and charming ( senior ) reviewer as you ;-) I am also happy to hear that you loved our Scallops in Cheesesauce, one of my personal favourites actually. Some people might argue that the scallops are swimming in the cheesesauce...well yes , they are, and that is precisely what is so delicious about them ! So next time when you are back in Bruges, give me a buzz and I will find you and your partner a beautiful table ! Best regards, Axel
London
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have just come back from a lovely weekend in Bruges, which included a wonderful evening spent at the Park Restaurant. The restaurant was full on the Friday eve, but we booked for the Saturday and we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent and Axel is a great host and made us feel very welcome. It was definitely the best meal we had in Bruges.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear GCoop London, I am happy to read that your visit last Saturday was enjoyed by yourself and your partner. Fridays and Saturdays, as you may have noticed, we only serve the four course choice menu at 40 euro pp ( or 65 to 70 euro per person including aperitif, plenty of wine and coffee ) This is not a restriction however for since it features a variety of our most famous signaturedishes, all at a very reasonable price. Thank you once again for your visit and please come again ! Axel
santa monica
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at park restaurant. The staff was very attentive and friendly yet not overbearing and the food was terrific. I enjoyed the four course meal which was a great value. The filet was delicious and the sauce very tasty. The creme brulee was torched at table and was yummy. My husband enjoyed the salmon and carrot tomato soup which he much enjoyed. It is located off a park just off the beaten path of bruges which was refreshing.

axel5123, Owner at Park Restaurant, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Michelle N, thank you very much for your visit Sunday last. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our traditional Franco-Belgian cuisine. I wish you all the best during your "European Vacation" and hope to see you again, maybe in California...best regards, Axel