“THE BEST BREAD AND BREAKEFAST IN BRUGE”

Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #83 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at Bruges by Night for few days in the month of January. Excellent place, very convenient, Dorine and Gerrit the owners are very cooperative and I felt at home. Beautiful canals 50 meters from this place, market is 5 minutes walk from this place. Local bus stop is 2 minutes walk. Breakfast is SUPERB. Very good room with attached bathroom and toilet, excellent heating facility. I feel this should be number one B&B in Bruges as there are no negative things about the place. I am visiting Bruges again in Feb last week and shall be staying at the same place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dr Ashwinikumar K
There are newer reviews for Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I normally don't write online reviews... in fact, I don't have any accounts on travel websites such as this. However, our recent stay at Bruges By Night was worthy of sharing our great experience there. My wife and I loved it! The owners/managers, Dorine en Gerrit, have a great thing going! I would certainly recommend this bed & breakfast for objective, tangible reasons and for its "intangibles" or aura. All good! The location: It's a short walk to the markt and central Brugge, yet far enough to be away to be in a "real" neighborhood (with locals bar/cafe on the corner) and away from tourist mobs. The price: Very reasonable and fair, and a much better deal than most hotels and B&B's in Brugge (trust me, I checked). The rooms: Exceptionally clean ("spotless" is the only word that came to mind when we arrived there), artistic designs, modern, and cool (in the slang sense, not temperature ;-) ). The breakfasts: Dorine's breakfasts were perfect, of quality, and with many choices. She even revealed the Flemish magical secret of "Speculoos" (a regional breakfast spread for bread). Delicious! Or shall I say, "Heel lekker ontbijt!"). The bikes: Yes, two free bikes for use per room.... unlimited. Great idea!... particularly given the many great bicycle paths available in surrounding Flanders lowlands (be sure to ask Dorine for bike tour ideas!!... we had an awesome ride). And lastly, the aura: This is an intangible that is difficult to put to words. Basically, my wife and I just felt very "at home" at Bruges By Night... a nice place to come to home and to wake up to... particularly in such a nice town. This feeling is a both a function of the physical accommodation and the warm/friendly hosts. They are clearly very proud of their city and of their Flemish heritage, which carried through to making their guests feel very welcome and comfortable... a nice feeling. Perhaps Dorine and Gerrit should call it like it is, "Brugge By Night"!... not Bruges By Night! ;-)

So, the only negative we can say is that our visit to Bruges By Night was too short! Dank u wel...
~Moon & Don

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelingSeoul
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was in Brugge recently for the first time and stayed at Bruges by Night for two days; on the whole, I was very impressed. The house itself (a 2.5-floor townhouse in peaceful northern Brugge, far from the noise of Vlamingstraat and the Markt) qualifies as an artistic achievement on its own: the B room, where I stayed, is highly modern in decor, while the dining and lounge are spacious and equally tasteful. Despite its angularity, though, the bedroom was quite comfortable; it was also exceptionally clean.

In terms of location, Bruges by Night is just far enough from the center of Brugge to be quiet and tourist-free, but near enough for easy access to restaurants, museums, etc. The hosts were very friendly and polite, and also immensely knowledgeable about the city. Breakfast was fantastic, with a remarkable array of homemade preserves, fresh breads and produce.

On the whole, an excellent, friendly place with tasteful style and great food. Perhaps a bit more expensive than other options, but worth every cent.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed here for the Ascension day in Bruges which is well celebrated and a peak time to travel to this charming medieval city.
the B&B itself was not my first choice but recommended to me from other higher rated b&b that were full for this holiday.
i travelled solo and considered my budget and booked a room here.
On the map it looked a little out of the area i would have prefered, but i arrived open minded and was charmed by the home and the quiet location which after 3 days left me feeling i had further discovered some areas of bruges you may not as a tourist, the city is so small that nothing is ever too far away.
My previous visit had been in freezing winter, i was lucky to experience some unexpected heat and sunshine and spent the whole time cycling on the free bike courtesy of the hosts.
At the breakfast which was lovely, fresh bread and jams an egg, coffee and fresh juice the hosts gave info on the green parts of bruges and cycle rides and maps.
My stay was comfortable in a quiet residential home, there are only 2 rooms in the b&b and best suited to couples or singles as the rooms are small with double beds so not ideal for friends get aways.
The hosts are artistic, the rooms show an individual taste which i liked and on chatting with them I get the impression they rent out the rooms for extra income as oppose to it being their main focus, they work hard and are not there all of the time, but on a city break neither am I , i like to sleep well, shower and get out and about, this is the perfect venue for this.
I'm glad i stayed here, had the use of the bike (which is worth around 12 euro a day) and got to see the residential and less tourist part of the city.
There is also a lovely conservatory shared with guests and the hosts to sit and make a cup of tea etc, tho i didn't use it, the weather was too beautiful I was out the whole time.
Im making my third visit to bruges next week with my friend so we havent made a reservation here As I've said it is better suited to couples or solo travel, but i love the city and would definately stay here again solo or with a partner.
Im rating it 5 stars on my experience based on budget, solo friendly, hospitality, free bikes, location better than expected and the fact i would return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here in june 2011 and we must say that Bruges By Night is a great place to stay as a starting point for exploring the beautiful city of Bruges. The hosts are doing everything they can to make you feel at home in their place. Great rooms, the breakfast is fenomenal, they lend you their bikes and give you directions for sightseeing the city. Therefore we can sincerely recommend you a stay at Bruges by Night!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2010

By far the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Stylish house, very, very nice hosts, and the best breakfast we've had in a year. Highly recommended.

It takes 10 minutes to walk to Markt (central square), along the canals and medieval streets of Bruges.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ebben
Reviewed September 19, 2010

room is newly remodeled with contemporary flair. internet worked great. the hosts were very helpful and accommodating while providing a savory breakfast. they allowed us usage of their bikes which was very nice. i would stay here again when i return

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple