“Best Ever!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Galleria

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
La Galleria
Ranked #171 of 228 Bruges B&B and Inns
“Best Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for 2 nights and we enjoyed every single minute. The location is great. It's only few minutes walk from the Markt and restaurants. At night the street is very quite to guarantee a good night's sleep. Rooms are clean and cozy and tastefully decorated. most important, Suzanne and Fred are so nice and hospitable and the breakfast was gorgeous! All in all we will definitely stay here again when we revisit Brugge!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My girlfriend took me on a surprise trip to Bruges for my 30th birthday. It was only at the airport that I discovered where we were going. So where we were staying was a complete surprise. In the heart of Bruges town centre (although secluded enough to be beautifully still and quiet) is La Galleria. This charming B&B is grand and dramatic in its aesthetic, but warm and welcoming in its hosts. Suzanne and Fred are the perfect hosts; they will treat you to fresh pastries and coffee in the morning with a personal touch, suggest the best places to eat and drink, but they also respect your privacy on your weekend away. Breakfast really is an experience as you are surrounded by beautiful art, overlooking an inviting winter garden. The room was clean and well kept, and the bathroom was lovely. There or cool bars next door, and well priced restaurants a minutes walk away. This is a gem, in a gem of a city. My mother is already booked in to stay!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Bruges is the place where I've always wanted to visit for a long time, because of the movie 'In Bruges' ;P. When I roamed around on TA, La Galleria just caught my eye with its beautiful and stylish decoration and the environment. The neiborhood is quiet and it just take you 3 minutes to the square (it is very easy to find the hotel if you take a bus from the train station). I stayed at the room La Graziosa for 2 nights. When I first walked in, I was so amazed by the fine art, the color, and the furnitures. The bathroom is big and the water is soothing. It is the just kind of room that I want to stay in Bruges, quite, peaceful, clean and comfort. The breakfast is very delicious and generous. The dinning room is facing the garden in the backyard. So you could use your imagination to picture how nice and enjoyable we are every morning. Suzanne is definitely a fashion lady, she helped us so much during our stay. She recommended great tips for our trip and the greatest rabbit stew I've ever tasted!!! If you want to feel Bruges, just stay at La Galleria.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband had business in Austria and Germany and we wanted to take a weekend to travel somewhere in Europe that we had never been. After some research, I chose Bruges for our destination. We drove by car from northwest Germany which was an easy trip until we reached Bruges. We had a navigation system, however, with one way streets and the rain, we were finding it difficult to find La Galleria. We stopped the car and I walked to find our destination. I felt much better when I rang the bell and was greeted by our host, Suzanne. She put on her raincoat, walked to where my husband was parked (illegally), and guided us to a parking spot. After unloading, she suggested a restaurant, made reservations for us, showed us our room and left us to rest. We had breakfast in the art gallery each morning which has a beautiful view of the garden and would spend some time planning our day with suggestions from our hosts. The location could not have been more perfect for sightseeing since we were only a few blocks from one of the main squares. Walking Bruges was very easy and we never needed our car or any other type of transportation. We had free wifi in our room and access to complimentary soft drinks, coffee and tea in a parlor on the floor with the guest rooms. I hope to return to Bruges one day and would not hesitate to return to La Galleria.

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was our first time in Bruges and Suzanne & Fred helped us find good places to go to. They were both always so helpful and friendly! Our room was clean and nicely decorated. The breakfasts were really tasty :) The location was perfect for us since it was near everything. I would love to stay here again!

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our 5th or 6th visit to Bruges and stay at la Galleria with Suzanne and Fred. As always we had a great time and they both took very good care of us during our stay. Their place is really a hidden gem. You can't do better in a B & B inside the old city of Bruges!

Thanks Suzanne & Fred

Boulogne-Billancourt, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

La Galleria is a very very nice homestay in Bruges :
- Suzanne and Fred are adorable,
- their homestay is nice, decorated with sculptures, comfortable and clean,
- the location is great, just a few minutes from the Markt.
Do not hesitate, book them !

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple